Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating after break up

(7 Posts)
tanyadm Tue 22-Sep-15 15:57:21

My marriage ended last year, exceptionally amicably, and it's all very lovely and my girls' dad and I are still good friends.

I've pondered dating for a few months, and dabbled in (and hated) online dating, so that hasn't worked out.

I was at a gig with a friend in August, and a couple of his friends were with us. I've struck up a friendship with one of them, and it's become very gently flirty.

I registered with the Guardian dating site the other night, and the first match it threw up was this same man. Last night I realised in a panic that he would see that I'd viewed his profile, so I messaged him pre-empting it (on a 'how much luck have you had with online dating' basis). There followed a lovely chat about dating, in which I've managed to ascertain he's not seeing anyone and dislikes OLD as much as I do, and he asked what sort of man I was looking for, and signed off with a very cute message.

I messaged him this morning and actually asked him out - having never asked anyone out in my life. I know that no bloke would want to be described thus, but he's cute as a button, and behaves in a really attentive and interested way.

So this post is just to kill some time until a rejection or otherwise is forthcoming.

Moving on feels weird and exciting!

HappyGirlNow Tue 22-Sep-15 20:21:02

Ooh have you heard back OP? grin

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Tue 22-Sep-15 20:22:21

Fingers crossed.

tanyadm Tue 22-Sep-15 21:58:43

Yes, and he is interested, which will make life interesting. About to move house and start a new job in the next fortnight, why not throw a new man into the mix! grin

VeritySmithers Wed 23-Sep-15 08:55:26

Great! Now sit back and let him do some of the running.

pocketsaviour Wed 23-Sep-15 08:57:40

Awesome! Good luck smile

tanyadm Wed 23-Sep-15 09:03:05

That's the plan, VeritySmithers! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now