Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Different standards for DS & DD in relationships

(3 Posts)
jezestbelle Sun 06-Sep-15 17:24:43

Hi
Had a chat with friend recently about this. DD is 21, gorgeous, bright, popular etc. Naturally she attracts both desired and undesired male attention..Mostly as she is at uni I hear about it after. Before you say anything I am not envious and secure enough in my 40something skin. But I bristle when I see men my age FFS openly ogling her. .and worry about men of all ages being predatory. DS 18 is shy and until recently seemed to kind of fade away into the background in company. In the last few weeks since he left school he has begun to transform and more than once I have errm caught girls/women giving him the eye. Presumably being unused to the attention he just does not notice even when it is pretty bloody obvious.
So is it double standards to feel protective of DD but want DS to be more worldly?

Scarydinosaurs Sun 06-Sep-15 17:26:17

I think you want the same for both, just for them to be at the same point you need him to UP his awareness, and you'd like your DD to be less aware!

jezestbelle Sun 06-Sep-15 22:03:57

Well sort of yes . don't think dd exactly needs to be less aware though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now