Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Parents divorced a long time ago but having a little sad moment

(4 Posts)
Followthesun Mon 10-Aug-15 13:58:12

Just sharing thoughts in case others can relate. My parents divorced nearly 20 years ago while I was a student but I just got caught off guard listening to a Beatles song. There was a lot of 60s music in my childhood home.

Being an adult it wasn't traumatic, I already had a life away from home - in a different country and have never moved back. Married now with my own kids.

I still have the odd little moment of wishing it had been different. Maybe its just the same pang of nostalgia for childhood that any adult might have?

CoolAs10Fonzies Mon 10-Aug-15 15:17:50

I totally understand, a bit like grieving for the promise of what could have been...

what was the song? was it 'in my life' by any chance?

ohcaptainmycaptain Mon 10-Aug-15 16:11:51

Ah, that would have totally finished me off! It was I'll Follow The Sun. Very apt lyrics for my parents.

Followthesun Mon 10-Aug-15 16:15:32

NC fail. Always NC to be sentimental!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now