Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Meeting 'the one' at 30+

(8 Posts)
angstridden2 Sat 08-Aug-15 10:16:06

I have a lovely friend who has had quite a few boyfriends over the years I have known her, but only a couple of relationships lasting more than a few months. Neither were serious though, particularly on her side as she says she knew neither were 'keepers'. She says she doesn't see herself wanting children, but would really like to meet someoneto spend her life with in the near future. She is lovely, attractive, perhaps a bit independent and 'indie' for some men, clever and funny. She has done OLD but really hates it; all her friends seem to be coupling up/having babies and/or are gay guys! Any ideas - she is such a great woman and I would hate to see her being the one left on her own.

Skiptonlass Sat 08-Aug-15 10:44:52

Make more friends, of both sexes!

Expanding her social circle will bring her into contact with more people.

I'm a total hypocrite though, I'm not terribly sociable and met my dh at work (when I was well past 30!)

rouxlebandit Sat 08-Aug-15 12:34:21

Why is OLD not working for her? It didn't exist when I was single & I always envy people being able to use it today. Having said that, my lovely, handsome, sociable, witty, caring, talented son is on an OLD site and has only had one date in months afaik.

BeautifulBatman Sat 08-Aug-15 12:47:52

I didn't meet my dh til I was 33. Got married at 37. Expecting dc1 in October - I'm now 40. smile

MuffMuffTweetAndDave Sat 08-Aug-15 13:39:21

Most people I know who've met their partners in the past few years have either done it online or through friends of friends, activities, social circle type thing. I agree, she'd do well to try and expand her social circle! Go to everything.

Trills Sat 08-Aug-15 13:45:58

Belief in "the one" is not helpful for a healthy life and attitude.

MadeMan Sat 08-Aug-15 14:27:22

What do you mean by 'indie'? Does she wear Doc Martens, flowery dresses and listen to The Smiths? Nothing wrong with that.

angstridden2 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:19:55

'indie' was descriptive and in no way meant as a negative!
(I like the Smiths...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now