Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

H is a grumpy twat

(9 Posts)
SexNamesRFab Mon 03-Aug-15 22:28:10

We have a rare child free night and instead of shagging the night away I am upstairs in bed fucked off with him for being a grumpy twat and ruining things. I said lets go out, he wanted to go to the gym. Fine. He went to the gym, I went swimming. Then I went to shop and made dinner. Sat down to watch a film - he starts asking me about when to get something delivered, I am watching film and drinking wine do not really listening, he is then sharp and shitty with me. Ruining film (who wants to cuddle up with someone who seems to resent them?) and ruining romantic evening. I want to sleep but am so angry

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 03-Aug-15 23:30:47

The last two times we have had had chance to go for lunch without the children, we have had a major argument instead. Empathising, Op.

Cocalite Tue 04-Aug-15 00:03:10

You need to have a frank conversation; i would be fuming!

SexNamesRFab Tue 04-Aug-15 07:17:59

Do you get on normally 2and2? I was too tipsy to have a frank conversation last night (half a bottle). Will try today.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 04-Aug-15 23:52:05

Perhaps it was unhelpful I posted what I did as things are more than a little stained at the moment. These snatched lunches, even if we had a baby in tow, used to be really important but four young children and him working away in the week is a rather tough combination in our relationship, at the minute. I feel lonely and tired and under-valued and he feel detached from our lives here, unloved and has all-sorts playing on his mind he thinks I am unable/unwilling to share. *sigh

I hope your conversation is/was more fruitful.

Cocalite Wed 05-Aug-15 08:41:22

Good luck, thinking about you.

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 08:45:02

We used to be like this. I think we were bored without the children there and used to pick at each other. The pressure is on to have a good time when you know they're few and far between!

SexNamesRFab Wed 05-Aug-15 18:01:41

Thank you for posting. he apologised yesterday morning and we put it behind us to attend a family event in the eve - and actually had fun. I get v annoyed at him for 'ruining' any time alone we have together - e.g. If he's grumpy, short or complains about spending money. It's hard to know if it's him or me - I get so annoyed I find it hard to relax and get over it at the time. It's like it sours the whole thing.

Cocalite Wed 05-Aug-15 21:36:12

If you don't make a point of how important it is for you it will come back again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now