Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is he thinking?

(8 Posts)
Angiepal29 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:30:33

My boyfriend walked out on me after over 8 years after i had a night out with 2 old school girlfirends. I got extremely drunk as we hadnt had a get together in years and i text him late at night calling him another mans name, that Is it? I never cheated or even flirted with another guy, i have been 100% faithful to him. He wouldnt talk to me or answer my texts/phonecalls. Then a month or 2 later he started texting me again just with general chit chat and i thought there was hope! But everytime i mention us/feelings or anything like that, he ignores me for a few days and then starts texting again about every day crap! Iv written him emails and asked how he feels about me and he ignores them, and me again for a few days and then so on and so forth! I have convinced myself (4+ months after splitting up) that there is no hope of us being together again. I think he is playing mind games with me.
What does everyone think?

Jan45 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:43:12

Yes, it's a game, he's probably getting in touch when he feels like a shag, sorry but it's ridiculous that you are putting up with that crap.

PanGalaticGargleBlaster Wed 29-Jul-15 16:46:54

What Jan said.

He is home alone and horny and has decided to put out the 'feelers' to see if you will be that booty call, don't be surprised to find that you are not the only one receiving a 'hi, what are you up to' text.

If you are looking to get back together with this chap I would stay well clear as on current evidence it will just end in tears, yours not his.

Angiepal29 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:50:58

Im not putting up with it lol. I have never met up with him since we split nor do i intend to. I just want to know what the hell he is thinkin (maybe apart from what u said) if he cant tell me lol. confused
I think i need to start ignoring him now grin

Jan45 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:54:49

Writing and asking how he feels about you and getting no response pretty much tells you everything.

Angiepal29 Wed 29-Jul-15 17:15:46

Yep u guys are right, that is exactly what i was thinking myself.
Cheers, i know what to do now wink

CheersMedea Wed 29-Jul-15 17:47:51

and i text him late at night calling him another mans name, that Is it?

This relationship is really over and I agree he's playing games with you.

Imagine how you would feel/what you would think if your partner of 8 YEARS sent you a text calling you by another woman's name late at night when drunk. 99.9% of people would infer (probably not unreasonably) that the partner was cheating and got caught out because they were a bit under the influence.

One a relationship breaks down because of actual cheating or fears of cheating it is very very hard to repair.

Walk away and don't look back.

Angiepal29 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:13:47

Yes that is it! Hurtful i know and i would have been extremely upset had it been the other way around but id have gave him a chance to explain himself. He never gave me the chance to. Never mind, i plan to walk away now for sure and i definately will not be looking back!
I just find it difficult to just switch off my feelings like he has done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now