Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fucking hate this

(5 Posts)
Rightbuggerit Mon 27-Jul-15 20:28:47

So this isn't a big deal but I want to rant.

Guy started chatting to me on one of the dating websites early last week. Quite flirty messages, seemed nice and funny and I guess we hit it off.

He isn't my usual type so I just took it with a pinch of salt and carried on speaking to other people on the site. Anyway, after a few days of back and forth chat he wrote: "never met anyone off here before but you seem great. I don't have plans for Friday night so would you like to to for drinks?"

Unfortunately I had plans so suggested we arrange for Sunday (yesterday). Had to psych myself up on Saturday as I was nervous and didn't feel I guess an instant attraction but was charmed by him... Anyway He agreed, asked for my number, we carried on chatting. He said he would be in touch.

I've heard nothing.

Just so annoyed that someone can pursue you, you can convince yourself to go for drinks with them and then nothing! Why do they bother?!

springydaffs Mon 27-Jul-15 21:20:34

Bastard flowers flowers

Rightbuggerit Mon 27-Jul-15 21:42:13

Thanks, thats sweet of you!

I know I'm overreacting just fed up of being taken for a ride confused Why do some men do this? I am guilty of not replying to messages or stopping texting after a while but would never "lead someone on" as it were, basically arrange a date, ask for their number and then... Ignore them

Ffs

Nevergoingtolearn Mon 27-Jul-15 22:07:48

Have had the same many times, this is the reason I hate OLD. I met up with someone yesterday, it was our 2nd date, he messed me around a little after the first date ( didn't message me for ages ), he seemed very keen yesterday and wanted to see me again today before I go on holiday, arranged to go to his but then I messaged him earlier today asking if he still wanted me to come over and he did not reply sad, really snowed as I had arranged a sitter, I wouldn't have minded if he had messaged to say 'sorry, can't make it tonight' but no, nothing.

Inexperiencedchick Mon 27-Jul-15 22:38:44

Smile smile

It was a lucky escape ;)

Last Wednesday did chat with a guy from one of the online dating websites. He offered to speak on the phone but said he would be busy early in the eve but can talk late eve or the next day. I did offer the next day.

Guess what happened?!

I try not to post my pic online, and when he asked I posted it for a while and he said very nice. My reply was "Thank you smile" Early morning the next day I deleted my pic, just dont feel comfortable keeping it there.

He never contacted me...

He didn't like my pic, fine with me :D

There will definitely be someone who will like it ;)

I'm not a beauty queen and I don't use make-up. Plus wear glasses smile

TBH I didnt fancy him myself, so not a big loss.

Just smile to yourself and be open to someone new! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now