Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my girlfriend

(19 Posts)
edniliband Wed 15-Jul-15 23:13:29

My girlfriend used to act posh before we moved in And now she's like some chavvy woman who sometimes sounds like a bloke . WhaT aannoys me more it's when my guy friends come over she changes, her whole face lights up when they talk to her, she acts all posh and her face lights up and then I feel she looks down at me in front of my own friends and tries to put me down. She totally changes her personality around decent looking guys. As a guy this does make me feel a little insecure and when I ask her about it she goes mad at me and makes me feel like I'm being controlling. ShE only has 1 proper friend and she has some serious issues and if u heard some of her stories they would make the Hairs on ur head stand up so I try to keep my distancefrom her cus she is bad news. But when they were younger, they were over weight n the not so cool gang so I have a feeling is down to that. Its getting to the point now, I don't like bringing mates over cus it makes me feel shit after, because of the way she behaves. Is this all in my head or do I have reason to feel a bit annoyed?

Erm.......

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 15-Jul-15 23:22:28

Welcome to Mumsnet

Perhaps a nice cold shower or a cup of tea? You sound a bit fraught. Almost like an overwrought schoolboy in fact.

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 15-Jul-15 23:25:25

Happy holidays people!!!!

goddessofsmallthings Wed 15-Jul-15 23:33:10

Is it that time of year again? smile

It would make a refreshing change to hear some stories that would make my hair stand on end <heard it all before emoticon> but I suspect yours wouldn't cause a single one of mine to turn, OP.

quietlysuggests Wed 15-Jul-15 23:37:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SuperBeeRecharged Wed 15-Jul-15 23:41:25

First post i see from a guy and u all hang up on him. Not cool! Glad to hear there are some men left that have feeling too and know how to express them.

BitchPeas Wed 15-Jul-15 23:48:08

Some chavvy woman who sometimes sounds like a bloke

acts all posh

Could you elaborate, I'm intrigued.

RealityCheque Thu 16-Jul-15 00:21:04

LTB

velourvoyageur Thu 16-Jul-15 00:52:45

If she flirts with your friends in front of you that's shitty IMO (unless you're both ok with it & it's represented in some sort of agreement like e.g. you're in an open relationship).
I feel sympathy for you re: that but not with the "sounds like a bloke" bit, afraid I don't know what you mean by that, she's a woman yes, so any noise coming her will be sounding like a woman smile

RubbishMantra Thu 16-Jul-15 03:48:43

I try to keep my distancefrom her cus she is bad news - My goodness, that must be a tad tricky, what with you living together and all. confused

not so cool gang - Perhaps a member of Not So Kool And The Gang then?

Ledkr Thu 16-Jul-15 03:58:02

Cool and the gang are indeed very cool actually rubbish grin

SuperBeeRecharged Thu 16-Jul-15 04:30:03

Rubbish he keeps his distance from the friend of his gf, not his gf

ShebaShimmyShake Thu 16-Jul-15 07:10:03

Nice one. I'm impressed!

LineRunner Thu 16-Jul-15 07:13:26

They all sound like characters from Viz Comic.

springydaffs Thu 16-Jul-15 15:11:11

Vile responses on this thread

badtime Thu 16-Jul-15 15:20:21

How would everyone react if a woman posted about her boyfriend who used to behave nicely, but changed after they moved in together, and who treats her attractive female friends nicely, the way he used to treat her, while insulting the OP?

How would everyone have reacted if a male OP had posted the same problem but with impeccable grammar, spelling and paragraphs?

Jayne35 Thu 16-Jul-15 15:58:38

My thoughts exactly Badtime.

Just because a persons spelling and grammar is not brilliant does not make them a school child. If it was a wind up thread surely it would be about sex, as they usually are? The subject is not particularly thrilling or funny is it?

OP, talk to your girlfriend, you may find she is insecure too, especially if she was overweight in the past. Good luck smile.

QuintShhhhhh Thu 16-Jul-15 16:05:46

I think your girlfriend sounds like bad news too!

Now she has got you where she wants you, she is herself, and cant be bothered to keep up the pretense, other than when your friends are there. Then she puts you down!

Sounds a bit like you are seeing her for what she is, and you dont like what you see?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now