Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just can't take it anymore

(9 Posts)
LoveLetters Sat 04-Jul-15 13:52:33

Been with DP 8 yrs. 2 kids aged 4&2 and one on the way.
On Thursday I was sent into hospital with a possible blood clot on my lung. I was having heart palpitations, tight chest and laboured breathing. I was in hospital until 11pm when DP made it in. He sat like a teenager saying I was being dramatic and I'd just pulled muscles in my chest. Even if I had I wanted to make sure before I left. Had
To go in next day and DP was pissed off wit that. I'm wasting our time, I'm a hypochrondriac, I create all the drama in our relationship (even though we had a break and he slept with his ex, and he had snogged a girl at his work which he then continued to lie about their friendship for months and months. I know nothing else happened but he continued to speak to her even when I asked him not too) and on and on it went.
I have horrendous morning sickness and the last three weeks he has had to do most of the cleaning etc which he is now also moaning about. He can't talk to me without a raised voice. I tried to cook the kids lunch so it would stop him moaning about doing everything, and nearly fainted. When I called him to help, he then raised his voice at me saying "I just asked you to help and you said no and now you want it. What is your problem."
I just can't take it anymore. I told him I wanted to leave and he's said go for it but you aren't taking my kids. He doesn't take it seriously when I say I'm going because he knows I don't have the funds or family to do it. I'm so miserable, I just want to enjoy my life and he just wants to find fault in everyone and everything. I'm usually a strong girl but today I'm totally defeated I can't even argue back. He even called ME a twat in front of our daughter last night because our son was half way up the stairs and I shouted for him not to move. I'm sat here in tears and my heart is heavy. I just can't bare him anymore. What can I do.

pocketsaviour Sat 04-Jul-15 13:59:24

Well he sounds horrible sad Poor you. It sounds to me like you'd all be much better off without him.

What is your living situation? Do you rent or own, who's name is the tenancy/deeds in?

LoveLetters Sat 04-Jul-15 14:00:18

Bought house. All in his name and we aren't married. Convient hey.

mmollytoots Sat 04-Jul-15 14:04:45

love letter he sounds like an ass. You don't deserve this at all. He sounds very selfish and self absorbed.

Is there any were you can take yourself off to get a break and leave him with the children to take care of for few days.

LoveLetters Sat 04-Jul-15 14:29:24

No I don't have anywhere to go. Come downstairs and again he is chastising that I'm unwell. Saying I can't do anything and I'm useless. Even though he slept in TIL 11am, I've done breakfast, lunch two loads of washing and the dishwasher. My stomach feels like it's constantly churning and I just want to go to sleep. I can't even look at him right now. He horrible

LoveLetters Sat 04-Jul-15 15:43:11

Was really looking for some advice Pls ladies. In a really bad place

HootyMcTooty Sat 04-Jul-15 15:48:46

Do you have family to stay with until you get back on your feet?

Do you work? Do you have money of your own? What is his income like? I have no experience to tell you what you are entitled to in benefits, but I will say that if he is routinely rude to you, there must be a better way to live flowers

scallopsrgreat Sat 04-Jul-15 16:50:42

LoveLetters, tell him to fuck off. Seriously. What is he adding to your life other than grief? This threat about the kids is empty. If he can't even get his arse out of bed until 11am then he isn't going to cope with a 2 & 4 yr old. It's all about controlling you.

Get yourself down to CAB on Monday and see what you are entitled to. Do you rent or own the house? And whose name is the rental agreement/mortgage in? Find a solicitor and start making steps to get this nasty piece of work out of your life.

FolkGirl Sat 04-Jul-15 20:18:38

The only advice really is to leave. There is nothong you can do that will chamge the way he is being towards you.

He sounds vile sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now