Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I overreacting?

(15 Posts)
Lovelylace Wed 10-Jun-15 21:44:33

I am due to give birth on the 10th of July to our second child. Our first born is 2.5 years old. My mum lives in sweden and she is coming over on the 16th to stay until the 28th of July, to help with the baby. Now my husband thinks this would be a perfect opprtunity for him to go to Ibiza for 10 days with his single friend who is a big cocaine user and a massive womaniser. I think he is taking the piss, and have said that it is not really acceptable, am I overreacting?

CocktailQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 21:45:37

Hahaha. Good try. Reported.

mrssmith79 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:47:43

Reported? What am I missing?

Magicalmrmistofeles Wed 10-Jun-15 21:48:25

Reported for what?

Lovelylace Wed 10-Jun-15 21:51:30

reported for what? Am I missing something?

PatriciaHolm Wed 10-Jun-15 21:58:20

I suspect cocktail queen thought you were a troll because it's blatantly obvious that he's a twat and she couldn't believe you needed to ask.

But having looked at your previous posts, he has form for this, doesn't he?

Lovelylace Wed 10-Jun-15 22:02:19

Yes he has, but recently things have been much better, and I said to him that perhaps he could use the time when I have some help to go away for a couple of days, but thinking of it I am just thinking it is disrespectful. He does pay for everything at home as I am a stay at home mum, and he is very good with our son so he is not a complete animal...

Lovelylace Wed 10-Jun-15 22:04:08

Also I didnt mean going away to Ibiza, I meant perhaps hoing and see one of the grand prix races ( he is a massive racing fam

ImperialBlether Wed 10-Jun-15 22:06:12

Why are you having a child with this complete waste of space? Seriously, he's awful. What made you think it would work out?

wallaby73 Wed 10-Jun-15 22:09:25

It just shows how important it is to him to be there to participate....e.g not at all. And don't even fall for the "but your mum is here?!" That's not the point; he should want to be there.

He sounds like a massively selfish twat to be honest.

ImperialBlether Wed 10-Jun-15 22:09:31

Sorry, I didn't mean to be horrible there. I just get so fed up of these men and can't see why women are attracted to them.

Lovelylace Wed 10-Jun-15 22:10:36

hrrm, we have been together for 17 years and most of the time we have a real good time...but I take your point.

CocktailQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 22:59:03

Yup, Patricia holm is right.

You have to ask if yabu?? Your h can't be arsed to stay around for your new baby's first 2 weeks cos he wants to get pissed with his mate?

What a bell end. Can't even believe he's asking this. Waste of space twat.

Gorgonzolacherry Thu 11-Jun-15 00:48:10

I am astonished that your h would want to go to ibiza at such a time.

I am so sorry.

The very fact he mooted this idea would be a deal breaker for me. Christ.

goddessofsmallthings Thu 11-Jun-15 03:39:55

This would most certainly be a dealbreaker for me too, and I'd be tempted to break his balls.

How dare he even think this would be acceptable, let alone voice the thought angry

And how disrespectful of him to regard your dm, his dmil, as a childminder cum drudge whose arrival will relieve him of responsibilities which he should be eagerly looking forward to discharge as part of welcoming his new dc into the world.

The only race tracks he should be going to for the foreseeable future can be found on those fairgounds which host the dodgems. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now