Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mums jealously

(3 Posts)
sherbetlemonD Tue 09-Jun-15 21:18:49

Post d in AIBU other night but suggested to post here so C+Pd it

Can't go into too much detail as this will out me.

I've made threads in the past about my fractious relationship with my parents. They are emotional and physical bullies and my "mother" does have a drink problem despite being completely in denial over it. They treat me like a servant and I have been openly told I was a mistake.

Anyway- I got a job a few months ago and my boss has been incredibly supportive and honestly, she has become like a surrogate mother. We are very close as we have a lot in common and just gel well together.

Mum doesn't like this. She thinks im being manipulated and i'm honestly not- i've just got someone I can look up to and I know I can go to her with my problems and she has my best interests at heart.

She's told me she is jealous because I never want to spend time here anymore- I never have; i've just never had an escape and i've told her that and now she's sulking drinking her second bottle of wine.

AIBU?

ineedabodytransplant Tue 09-Jun-15 21:32:17

Certainly not BU. She probably feels like she's losing control over you. The fact that you deserve a life of your own probably doesn't register with her.

Enjoy the feeling of being important. If your mother doesn't like it...tough shit.

Nothing worse than a narcistic piss head. (well, there probably is, but in this instance, no)

PeppermintCrayon Tue 09-Jun-15 21:42:29

Everything she says and does is to serve her interests. Sadly you can't make her change.

Do you live with her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now