Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What's happening??

(6 Posts)
Brokentoes Sat 30-May-15 15:18:24

2 under 3, given up career to be SAHM not by choice and our relationship is becoming untenable.

The constant arguing and picking has taken its toll and I'm slowly losing the will to live. Whenever I try to discuss any of the upset I feel my DPs response is well you do this and I'm pissed off too. I can't cope anymore, I've become a recluse as dealing with anything else except the day to day nappies, vacuuming and what not sends me into a panic.

I'm utterly fucking exhausted by it all and While DP does help out with the practical stuff, emotionally I get nothing.

Is this normal or am I expecting too much?

shartsi Sat 30-May-15 18:41:02

You are not expecting too much, you need a break from it all sometimes. Are you able to return to your career part time?

Brokentoes Sat 30-May-15 19:11:56

Im so tired I can't even see me having the energy for even thinking about going back to work which I'm desperate to do.

I'm not sure if be able to go back part time in my field - I've looked into it.
DP is so unsupportive and refuses to listen and it's got the point where he runs rough shod over how I feel to the point I can't even put into words what's wrong anymore. He seems to think I'm just miserable for no reason. He's always had an I'm alright jack attitude as it is but now the DCs are he he needs to grow up.
I'm at the end of my tether and feel so overwhelmed and trapped with him.

shartsi Sat 30-May-15 19:25:30

I feel your pain broken.Do you rely solely on DP's income? If one of your DC turns 3 soon and you have the free 15 hours nursery, will that help you out a bit?

If you have good career prospects and returned to work full time in the near future, would you feel less trapped by DP?

Sorry for going on about working, its just that you mention he is DP and not DH and your financial future might not be well protected.

Brokentoes Sat 30-May-15 19:36:31

I've always been financially independent well until DC.

I'm torn about work as I do enjoy spending time with them as they're only tiny once but I've nothing left for myself and everyone is so demanding including him. He won't see it.

There is zero intimacy left as neither of us seem interested these days. He says I'm too argumentative and I think he's being really horrible most of the time.
Yes we rely solely on his income.

I just want to walk out one day so he'd actually appreciate what I do as right now he doesn't he thinks it's so easy being at home with two tiny children with no outside support at all.

ALaughAMinute Sat 30-May-15 19:43:21

Sorry to hear of your situation. You sounds a bit depressed, have you spoken to your GP? Do you have any friends or family that can help you?

Two children under 3 is difficult at the best of times, let alone with an unsupportive husband! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now