Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex drive gone out the window

(5 Posts)
loodia Mon 18-May-15 11:24:17

Hi everyone, If anyone can help with this, I'd be truly grateful. Since having my baby two months ago, my sex drive has gone out the window. TBH, it took a leave of absence when I was pregnant so it's been a long time since my DP and I had any satisfying sex. I'm sure this is quite common but I'm eager to get things back on track as I want to regain our intimacy, I think it would help bring us together because lately we having been arguing a lot.
My DP still seems to find me attractive, despite the fact I think I look like crap, and I know he is ready, but I just can't be bothered, other things (sleep) always seem to take priority.

If you've been through the same and can offer any tips, that'd be great smile

GreenFeathers Mon 18-May-15 11:28:12

Hi, 2 months is not long... I didn't feel like sex again for about a year after mine..

Are you bfing? I found it killed my sex drive stone dead. It's to do with the hormones I think .

loodia Mon 18-May-15 12:06:16

Yes, I am! I didn't know that could be another reason why...

Tequilashotsfor1 Mon 18-May-15 12:08:56

Two months is not long I thought you were going to say two years!

Yes to the breast feeding.

I'd still prefer a cup of tea and cake though tbh

CityDweller Mon 18-May-15 14:08:14

2 months is nothing. Really... And maybe you're arguing more because you've just gone through this massive life change and are, presumably, knackered and not getting any sleep... Go easy on yourselves.

There are other ways to be intimate, too. Just kissing and cuddling a lot can help reconnect physically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now