Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I the only one who never instigates plans with others?

(2 Posts)
SadBiscuit Mon 11-May-15 17:00:53

Because everyone is always far too busy or can't make it, or they say yes and then drop out on the day?

This has happened to me once too often and for the last few months I have decided not to make any plans with anyone. If someone wants to see me then they can chase me and suggest meeting.

So far it's been fine; it probably helps that I'm not a hugely sociable person and so it doesn't bother me if I don't go out too often.

Does anyone else do this?

PutWittyUsernameHere Mon 11-May-15 17:07:47

I'm a bit like this, but more because I worry that people will say no, so I shy away from risking the rejection! I will make plans with only about two or three people, as they are the ones whom I know can be relied upon.

It's crap when people keep cancelling on you, when you wouldn't dream of doing the same to them. Perhaps size up who your most loyal friends are and mainly make plans with them, leaving the larger group organising to others?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now