Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help me think of something nice to do for dh...

(4 Posts)
Mamabird3 Mon 04-May-15 11:57:32

Recently I've been having a really awful time due to my mental health being poor. I have severe anxiety and moderate depression. In the early years of my relationship with dh he found it hard to understand and it caused a few problems in our relationship. Recently I've been in a bad place, and haven't been able to work etc and he has been amazing. Literally my rock. It's hard to explain how much he has helped me and I want to do something nice for him to show him how much I appreciate how much he has been there for me. In his words "it's just what anyone would do for the person they love" but I really want to do something nice. And I'm stuck on what! So I'm asking for your help lovely mumsnetters!
Sorry it's a bit of a rambling post! Thanks if you got this far!

Joysmum Mon 04-May-15 12:09:17

For me, it's about making a fuss at home. A nice breakie in bed together, maybe a picnic lunch and walk and a lovely dinner a land pud. Run him a nice hot bath. Get his fav drinks, watch a film etc. thoughtful deeds rather than buying stuff

Optimist1 Mon 04-May-15 12:51:04

What a lovely couple you sound - so nice to read about a relationship that's about support and consideration. I agree with Joysmum that thoughtful actions carry more meaning that spending money. And since you express your feelings so well in your post, what about writing him a card to make your appreciation "official"? flowers to you both!

SelfLoathing Mon 04-May-15 14:02:28

Do you have a budget in mind? or are you looking for something that is no cost?

Also do you have children (ie. are you looking for a family "do something nice" that they can all be involved in or "get a babysitter" nice).

Generally, my advice in this situation is always to think about something they would like that they would never get for themselves (gift) or organise for themselves (event/experience).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now