Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

aibu to think this is disgusting?

(177 Posts)
knowledgeispower Wed 20-Aug-14 18:07:51

I recently started online dating and have met up with 2 guys. The first date went okay, there was no spark.

The second guy I met up with was a real sweetheart and we took to each other straight away. We arranged a second date and he stayed at mine. We dtd and it was wonderful. It was so good to feel wanted and desired again. He was really gentle, considerate and was a gent throughout. We had a condom split on the last time (4 tines in all) and I said of get the morning after pill and get the implant refitted. He admitted he's a worrier and I said well if it turned out I was to get pregnant I would always keep it as I couldn't abort for personal reasons. We carried on talking and he said something along the lines of: 'well I'd have to kick you in the cunt'....

I was totally shocked and told him so, he immediately backed down as he could see how disgusted I was. He said: 'do you really think I could do that to you'!

Apart from this comment he has been wonderful, he wants to see me again but I'm unsure!

Wwyd?

Rinkydinkypink Wed 20-Aug-14 18:09:26

Get out now

Cornflakesnmilk Wed 20-Aug-14 18:10:10

'well I'd have to kick you in the cunt'....

Apart from this comment he has been wonderful, he wants to see me again but I'm unsure!

Riiiigghht - yeah

JustTheRightBullets Wed 20-Aug-14 18:10:10

Seconded.

brunette123 Wed 20-Aug-14 18:11:14

Disgraceful - I definitely wouldn't see him again - for me, that one line would wipe out all the good I'm afraid - I don't like the c word generally. I am broad minded but that shocked me!

UrsulaBuffay Wed 20-Aug-14 18:11:36

Run

Branleuse Wed 20-Aug-14 18:12:08

well that's a comment you wont forget!!

UrsulaBuffay Wed 20-Aug-14 18:13:38

To elaborate - I saw a guy who seemed lovely in many ways but once he called me a bitch during sex and it appeared he thought it was normal. He saw how horrified I was and we stayed in contact but he turned into a nutter during another communication. Wish I hadn't ignored the early warning sign.

TapWellies Wed 20-Aug-14 18:14:50

You are correct in thinking that it is disgusting. Vile in fact.

UriGeller Wed 20-Aug-14 18:14:56

Do you speak like that to each other? Could he have been making a joke, in dumbass lad language that he thought you might just laugh off because its the way you banter?

I might excuse it if you both use language like that, I know if my DP had said that to me I would've responded with something just as ribald but that's the way we are.

Molotov Wed 20-Aug-14 18:15:00

Oh dear. That would make me feel very weird. Yuck. No.

Crikey shock
My dh won't even say the 'C' word. Horrid thing to say even if he didn't mean it.

TapWellies Wed 20-Aug-14 18:17:30

Branleuse It's a comment I wont forget either unfortunately, and I wasn't even there.

picnicbasketcase Wed 20-Aug-14 18:18:01

Doesn't really matter whether he meant it or not - if it's a joke, it's not funny and there was the thought that led to him saying it. If he meant it, enough said. Either way it's horrible.

Bleugh... (shudder).

That tidbit of aggressive weirdness would put me right off.

LuluJakey1 Wed 20-Aug-14 18:22:09

Is this for real?

I can't believe anyone would ask if they should end this relationship. YES!!!!!

JustTheRightBullets Wed 20-Aug-14 18:25:56

I can't believe someone has described threatening (even in a jokey non-serious way) to kick someone in the cunt in order to end a pregnancy as merely 'ribald'. Really?

Castlemilk Wed 20-Aug-14 18:26:43

WHAT?!

Um. You do not see this person again. That is an order... grin

Flossiex2 Wed 20-Aug-14 18:26:44

That comment makes me feel sick to the stomach. Don't ignore it.

JustTheRightBullets Wed 20-Aug-14 18:27:12

"Ribald = referring to sexual matters in an amusingly rude or irreverent way."

ApplebyMennym Wed 20-Aug-14 18:29:24

I dunno...normally I don't like "jokey" comments like this, have often been informed I don't have a sense of humour. This one I'm on the fence about though. I wasn't there, and I don't know the dynamics of the OP's relationship, so I can't interpret how it was said.

However, OP, nobody else's opinion really matters here. If you were disgusted and don't want to see him again there is nothing wrong with that, at all. Even if everyone here said you were overreacting and he was clearly joking, your feelings are what matters here. You have no obligation to him or anyone else. Don't see him again if you don't want to.

Windmillsinthesand Wed 20-Aug-14 18:30:30

He is a twat.....run

MeadowHeartshimmertheFairy Wed 20-Aug-14 18:39:43

What windmill said ^^

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Wed 20-Aug-14 18:45:37

I just got goosepimples all over reading that - my hair literally stood on end. Run, run, as fast as you can!!!

TheReluctantCountess Wed 20-Aug-14 18:47:20

Don't see him again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now