Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blazen Hussy

(30 Posts)
straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 11:58:01

I've just done something totally out of the ordinary for me.
I have a tall,dark and ever so handsome online delivery man who has been dropping parcels off frequently, due to my over zealous online shopping.
We have been chatty and a little flirty over the weeks and it transpires we are both single.
Today was the last time I was going to see him as no more orders are due. so I just blurted out "would you like my number?"
He said yes! shock We chatted for a while and he said he would text me tonight.
He has the most gorgeous brown eyes!

LiberalLibertines Tue 19-Aug-14 11:59:22

Yay! Well done you, seize the day n all that.

You know you're going to have to update don't you?

Do you mean brazen? grin

scarletforya Tue 19-Aug-14 11:59:28

BRAZEN! grin

Good for you!

Good luck tho and good for you! grin

Floundering Tue 19-Aug-14 12:00:08

Whit-woo........go for it, nothing ventured etc etc.

We shall expect regular updates mind <lives life vicariously through MN-ers>

grin

Floundering Tue 19-Aug-14 12:01:05

Liberal Ha! X-post, we are all hanging on OP's every word!

LiberalLibertines Tue 19-Aug-14 12:03:02

I know, sad isn't it?!

<<starts furiously online shopping>>

straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 12:07:03

Sorry typo, Indeed I do mean brazen.
Last week he mentioned something about "a husband" I said "I don't have one, " his face lit upsmile. To top it all he thought I was 7 years younger than I am.
He's seen me bleary eyed and with just out of bed hair etc, but it hasn't scared him off.

straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 12:09:10

Oh I must add the shopping was all essential, even I'm not crazy enough to buy just so he would deliversmile

lettertoherms Tue 19-Aug-14 12:14:02

Excellent!

I hope you've been engaging in some pointed online shop flirting? You know, wine, strawberries, whipped cream...

ElephantsNeverForgive Tue 19-Aug-14 12:15:01

Nothing wrong with being brazen. I f I hadn't offered my Dah if 24 years a lift home .....

straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 16:51:51

Oh dear, I've just text him to say Hi and the text came back undelivered. I tried ringing and the number is "not recognised".
He was a little flustered and shy when giving me his number. He said it was a new number and he had difficulty remembering it. Was it a genuine mistake on his part, or have I been made a fool of? I guess I'll never know, unless he turns up at my door.
He seemed so nice, practically told me all his life story.

BabsUnited Tue 19-Aug-14 16:53:15

But he has your number yes? I bet he texts you tonight smile

pictish Tue 19-Aug-14 16:59:15

If he texts you, you'll soon know! Hope he gets in touch. x

PeterParkerSays Tue 19-Aug-14 17:04:41

He's probably thinking you don't like him because you haven't contacted him. When he next drops off, say that you couldn't get the number to go through - he'll either give you the number again or not. Did you give him yours?

Fudgeface123 Tue 19-Aug-14 17:06:59

He said he'd text you though so I wouldn't have sent that first one....hopefully he wasn't just being polite when you asked him if he wanted your number!

straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 17:08:02

No, that's just it, he said his number out loud whilst I scrawled it down on a piece of paper. He was going to text when i sent him a message. Maybe I wrote it down wrong. C'est la vie.

Fudgeface123 Tue 19-Aug-14 17:09:17

Ah right...so he hasn't got your number?

RiverTam Tue 19-Aug-14 17:09:44

also, hussey smile

how completely excellent of you, you flooooooooze.

straightup Tue 19-Aug-14 17:09:49

No, in a word

Fudgeface123 Tue 19-Aug-14 17:10:48

Bugger, I just presumed in your OP that you'd given him yours.

Best get online shopping then....

Ringsender2 Tue 19-Aug-14 17:14:37

Don't give up so easily....! You could
(a) order something else
(b) contact the delivery company for the details of the person who manages your route/area

Don't forget to come back here and update...!

Itsfab Tue 19-Aug-14 17:16:40

He knows where you live and maybe he will have the nerve to come and knock on your door.

Be careful though. You don't really know him so take it slow when you do start dating.

cake.

LEMmingaround Tue 19-Aug-14 17:18:55

Pleaaasssse dont be ordering online stuff that you don't want just to get him to deliver again. Just don't do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now