Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you regret who you lost your virginity to ?

(106 Posts)
HilariousInHindsight Tue 08-Jul-14 22:04:31

Was on the thread with the 5 questions about when virginity was lost , when moved out etc and it got me to thinking if you regret who you lost your virginity to or even not the person but the timing/place.

I was quite scared of my ex so I do regret losing my virginityto him at 17. Wish it was my current partner at 18.

For those who do regret it I hope you have found someone better and/or are happy with your life now.

BluebellsandWhistles Tue 08-Jul-14 22:08:30

Yes but hindsights wonderful. Lover no 2 is hubby of 18 years.

BlinkAndMiss Tue 08-Jul-14 22:09:27

Absolutely I do, yet at the time I believed he was a great guy and that we were in love. He turned into someone I never thought he could, in fact, he wasn't even recognisable as the person I was in love with. I wish I'd remained a virgin and lost my virginity to my now DH. Because that would be perfect.

Finola1step Tue 08-Jul-14 22:10:19

In a word... Yes.

Noregretsatall Tue 08-Jul-14 22:11:15

Yes - definitely!

callamia Tue 08-Jul-14 22:11:16

Not really. Of course, with hindsight, he was an awful muppet, and I was hardly ever going to grow old with him, but it was done respectfully enough at the time.

Not at all. It was a one night stand and it was brilliant

iheartshoes Tue 08-Jul-14 22:11:56

Yes

Missunreasonable Tue 08-Jul-14 22:12:26

No, but I regret some of the other knobheads who I have had sex with.

EmpireBiscuit Tue 08-Jul-14 22:12:45

Not really - he was fine, it was fine.

Sex is sex.

No. He was a lovely guy who respected me. It was a very special evening. I'd like to think he doesn't regret it either.

Sissyinthesummertime Tue 08-Jul-14 22:14:59

Yes, it was a one night stand and he was wearing t shirt with a full on sticky out false poo on it.

25 years ago and I've never forgotten blush

pointythings Tue 08-Jul-14 22:15:00

No, not at all. He was my first boyfriend. He was 29 to my 19 and the reason it didn't work out between us was that he was ready to settle down with a wife and children and I was at uni and wanted to spread my wings - if we had met 5-6 years later, what might have been? But he was lovely in every way.

He still sees my parents regularly (my Dad and he used to be in the same chess club, which is how we met), his life has been less happy than mine and that makes me sad - he's a thoroughly decent bloke who deserves better.

Kewcumber Tue 08-Jul-14 22:15:09

Oh dear lord at 49 I can barely remember my virginity and certainly couldn't have sustained any regrets about its departure for 30+ years.

Branleuse Tue 08-Jul-14 22:15:22

no, it was nothing special, but not really worth regretting either. It was what i wanted at the time.

SimplyComplicated Tue 08-Jul-14 22:16:16

Yes! Was very young (under age of consent) not in a relationship with him but had a MAJOR crush on him at the time! Was far from being the romantic and memorable first time that I imagined it would be!

WiggleGinger Tue 08-Jul-14 22:16:19

Nope!
I married him!
He's still Wonderful man
It makes me proud that he was my first!

Kewcumber Tue 08-Jul-14 22:16:35

I regret that perm/bleach combo I had in 1980 way more becausu there are photos of that

OldCatLady Tue 08-Jul-14 22:17:06

Yes. It was awful, pressured, not with someone I loved and not special at all. Silly teenage girls, eh?

esther39 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:18:41

Wouldn't say i regret it, although it was rather painful as he was very well hung! I was 19, he a year younger. 20 years on and i recently found out he's bisexual and regularly uses Swingers sites lol!

mumtosome61 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:20:15

Not at all - although we don't talk anymore, it's more because a long time has passed and we grew up to have nothing in common (pretty much the reason we split up). Was special - night of our school leaving dance and were together for a further 14 months. No pressure involved at all, but I can't remember much in the way of details!

I've regretted several since then though.

OurMiracle1106 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:21:39

No. It was to my now ex husband, but if I hadnt I wouldnt have had an amazing son. Shame he turned out to be an arse

SantanaLopez Tue 08-Jul-14 22:22:08

No.

Dukketeater Tue 08-Jul-14 22:28:06

Yes - because I was too young and he slept with another girl in my class while he was my boyfriend which fucked me up and subsequently I slept with too many people in the following two years...

No - because none of them ever made me O and my DH does every time so I know I have a good thing now!

Notso Tue 08-Jul-14 22:28:50

Yes, I was drunk and very underage. I met DH when I was 17 and I regret pretty much every sexual encounter before him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now