Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Met guy online 6 months ago....

(229 Posts)
LittleLadyFooFoo Tue 24-Jun-14 20:43:27

...and I've just seen he has activated his profile yesterday! He's been online last night after he told me he was having an early night.
We have been together for 6 months exclusively. As far as I was concerned, everything was great. He's loving, caring, affectionate...and I thought honest and trustworthy.
He will be calling me tonight. How do I broach the subject that I saw him online dating?
(Reason I saw him was my friend is online dating on the same site, and she was showing me her profile and messages. That's when I saw him online. Was a real shock).
Any advice as to what to say to him is welcome. Thanks.

LittleLadyFooFoo Thu 17-Jul-14 23:12:49

Yes thanks....things are fine. Focussing on myself and the kids and not trying to read too much into bereavement. Being a good friend and he is being one to me. Slow but steady progress. All good. Thanks for asking.

rockpink Thu 17-Jul-14 22:57:07

Oh dear! Hope all is well for you?

LittleLadyFooFoo Thu 17-Jul-14 22:54:24

Some random posted about how a fake doctor can help bring husbands back....

rockpink Thu 17-Jul-14 21:08:08

What on earth happened at the end of the thread!?

knittedknickers Thu 17-Jul-14 12:22:20

Ha ha, good for you LittleLadyFooFoo - honest to goodness, there are some strange people on this site! Glad to hear you're happy, I followed this one keeping fingers crossed for you x

LittleLadyFooFoo Thu 17-Jul-14 12:08:28

No need for Dr Swami here...a combination of my good looks, charm, wit and my ample breasts brought my man home ;0)

brdgrl Thu 17-Jul-14 11:48:22

I wonder what Dr Swami did to her poor husband.

akaWisey Thu 17-Jul-14 08:46:32

Apparently not though. I've reported her twice already this morning grin

notapizzaeater Thu 17-Jul-14 08:42:55

You'd think she'd got better things to do now her husbands come home gringringrin

akaWisey Thu 17-Jul-14 08:41:27

Reported again

tashaben Thu 17-Jul-14 04:51:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LittleLadyFooFoo Mon 14-Jul-14 01:40:42

Thanks. All good so far :0)

brdgrl Sun 13-Jul-14 22:03:32

Good for you, I hope the talk cleared the air and also made it clear what you expect from him/the relationship. And I am pleased to hear that he's getting some counseling. Good luck, foofoo.

LizzieBelle Sun 13-Jul-14 19:54:03

That's good news LLFF. I think you should give him the benefit of the doubt if you like him. There aren't many decent guys out there x

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 13-Jul-14 19:13:29

Well to be fair MrsBrownsGirls the OP spotted her bf online on several different occasions and he even viewed her fake profile so he was clearly browsing which, let's face it, isn't good. I'm glad the OP has sorted it out with him but I'm also glad she will 'remain sceptical'.

mrsbrownsgirls Sat 12-Jul-14 22:01:29

Great news. I hope it works out. I despair of the Mumsnet tendency towards LTB . Your bf sounds lovely

Hope your evening goes well FooFoo.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sat 12-Jul-14 16:50:08

Hope it works out for you FooFoo. Just keep your wits about you.

LittleLadyFooFoo Sat 12-Jul-14 15:52:06

I looked at who he had viewed on the site and it tied up with the messages he received via the site into his email account. Maybe he forgot to log out. I can't be sure. I will remain sceptical but have decided to give him a chance. He has also agreed to some bereavement counselling which is a step forward.
I will keep you updated.

YouAreMyRain Sat 12-Jul-14 15:42:48

So he logged on (for a few hrs on several occasions) because he had email messages from the site? <scratches chin> when I met my DP from OD I didn't open any more messages and I sent all messages from the site straight to automatic deletion in my email settings.

Thanks for the update FooFoo. Sorry for your loss. I would advise to proceed with caution (esp as you will be vulnerable after the bereavement)

rockpink Sat 12-Jul-14 13:25:38

It's nice to hear from you, good luck tonight, I really hope you get the answers you need.

LittleLadyFooFoo Sat 12-Jul-14 11:00:20

Hiya. Sorry for delay. I went on holiday for a week to somewhere remote and had no internet access. Even the local pub had no wifi! Just got back in the early hours of this morning. It was my first holiday away as a single mum and it was quite a worry for me. But we had a lovely time and the weather was great. I also had a bereavement whilst away so it's been a difficult week. So apologies. I should have mentioned it before I left last week.
Regards my dilemma. I met up with him the night before I left. We both laid everything out on the table. I reiterated everything I said before. It was a really honest and emotional discussion. He has deleted the profile. He says he logged on as he had email messages from the site. He says he never contacted anyone and he showed me before deleting his profile. I spoke about trust, etc which he took on board. He says he wants things to work and because I really do like him a lot I've decided to give it a go. I will see him tonight for the first time since our chat. He's been texting and calling all week whilst I've been away. So all ok and I will let you know how I get on.
You have all been amazing. Thank you.

notapizzaeater Sat 12-Jul-14 10:35:16

A aargh - perhaps she's on holiday with him

TalisaMaegyr Sat 12-Jul-14 10:23:41

It's a bit stalky though, isn't it? I suppose if she'd wanted to update, she would have... Frustrating.

rockpink Sat 12-Jul-14 08:14:24

Is it possible to send our FooFoo a private message??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now