Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Had anyone married in prison?

(127 Posts)
HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:06:35

I've been with my partner for just over 9 years. He's been inside for just over 3. We've decided to get married and I'm so excited, nervous and all of those emotions.

I just wanted to talk to anyone else who has done this? It's can be quite a lonely time having a partner inside.

I'm not looking for advice on if I should marry him, that has been decided already. I'm just looking for someone even just one person who knows my situation and I can talk to smile

Please no negative posts I get enough of that in RL as it ishmm

Thanks smile

TalisaMaegyr Tue 17-Jun-14 22:08:20

How long does he have left to serve?

EssexMummy123 Tue 17-Jun-14 22:08:58

Nope, have known no-one in your situation. Why are you getting so much negativity in RL?

HowLongTillBedtime Tue 17-Jun-14 22:10:32

Why do people give you a hard time about him ?

Belasmith34 Tue 17-Jun-14 22:10:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

memphismoon Tue 17-Jun-14 22:10:59

"Serve"? It's not the bloody military!

To be honest OP, the way you've closed down any opposition makes me wonder what's really going on.

HowLongTillBedtime Tue 17-Jun-14 22:11:21

How does the whole wedding thing happen ? Do you get any time together ?

Intrigued !

HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:12:49

Talissa- quiet a while!

Essex- because of the stigma I think. I mean it's not everyday but when I said we were to marry I got a few shit comments. People don't believe me when I say I'm happy but I actually really am. I think it's hard for people to understand if they haven't been in this situation. I do sort of understand. But sigh

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 17-Jun-14 22:13:15

Serve is the correct term

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Tue 17-Jun-14 22:13:33

Memphis - serving a sentence is quite a commonly used phrase.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Tue 17-Jun-14 22:14:11

Why is there a photo of Shona Sibary - the maaaahooooosivly over sharing DM journalist here ?!

What did he do?

And you really should try Dr John, I gave him eighty five pence and my eldest child and now I have a fabulous job and won the lottery and people believe everything I say.

memphismoon Tue 17-Jun-14 22:16:35

Really? I had no idea. Goodness I clearly have such a limited social circle
clutches pearls.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 17-Jun-14 22:17:01

I have PM'd you

HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:17:07

Memphis-nothing is going seriously just don't want to have to defend our relationship all the time it's draining after a while so just want someone to talk to who understands

Bedtime-I've no idea that's what I want to know! grin I doubt we'll get any time together we are just waiting for him to be moved down to a B Cat prison and we will see what they offer there I think it's a bit less strict than the A Cat he is in.

EssexMummy123 Tue 17-Jun-14 22:17:51

Harriet I don't think you will get many posters here who have been in your situation, it's quite unusual for mumsnet.

Also, we are all wondering - and i'm sorry to mention it, but what was the crime? because there have been a heck of a lot of posters here in violent and unhappy and manipulative relationships.

HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:17:59

My thoughts exactly Elenor!! gringrin

LEMmingaround Tue 17-Jun-14 22:18:12

Well its blatantly not worked for you bela as you are clearly full of shit

What did he do?

What did he do?

What did he do?

BOFster Tue 17-Jun-14 22:18:40

Dr John is ace. He got me a job post, just before Royal Mail got privatised.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Tue 17-Jun-14 22:21:45

Is Dr John DR Phil's brother?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Tue 17-Jun-14 22:21:56

Is Dr John Dr Phil's brother?

HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:22:21

I don't really want to get in to the ins and out of his case as its getting appealed at the moment.

I could wait to see if he gets out but I feel we've wasted too much time already. I'm marrying him with the thought that he's not going to get out so I'm not disappointed. Appeals take so long it's been over 2 years for the first try already and it's not finished yet!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Tue 17-Jun-14 22:22:35

If this is a genuine post and he is in a category A prison serving a sentence in excess of five years, he clearly did something pretty serious. Sorry for the po face, but I don't think it's a matter for joking, frankly. I've reported the blatant spam above.

HarrietLicthman Tue 17-Jun-14 22:23:22

Dr John! gringrin where do people find these things?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now