Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Second dates - what goes on?

(14 Posts)
Tinks42 Wed 18-Jun-14 17:41:19

Keep it light and talk about things in general. Oh and a bit of kissing too.

allisnotlost Wed 18-Jun-14 17:38:01

Hope it goes well Mini

Minime85 Wed 18-Jun-14 06:56:08

3rd date tonight for me and we are going bowling! And I'm counting on a whole lot of kissing! smile

Minime85 Wed 18-Jun-14 06:09:23

Their children, music, their hobbies, their growing up so like uni and stuff. Their jobs, holidays. Good luck smile

allisnotlost Tue 17-Jun-14 22:55:20

Thanks all.

Any tips on what men like to talk about besides sex?

glasgowstevenagain Tue 17-Jun-14 19:15:57

Eating out on a second date....
No pressure op..... I would say that is date 5 or 6

Lolz

Latara Tue 17-Jun-14 18:14:07

Talking and hopefully a kiss or several...

brokenhearted55a Tue 17-Jun-14 17:04:24

Sex

Minime85 Tue 17-Jun-14 16:37:09

Talking,kissing, maybe eating out, more kissing, hand holding, kissing

JoanWatson Tue 17-Jun-14 12:49:48

Not suggesting you follow my advice, but the last 'second date' that I went on (dinner at his place) I overdid it on the champagne, shamelessly threw myself at him (& shagged the arse off him!) and woke up next morning in his spare bedroom. Always the gentleman!

Something must have clicked, though, as 3 months later we moved in together, bought a house together 4 years ago and have just celebrated our second wedding anniversary grin

Sassy777 Tue 17-Jun-14 07:26:19

I went on a second date on sunday. We went to a country pub for lunch and then for a walk. Had a fair bit of kissing and cuddling then!! It was lovely. So easy to talk about everything and anything - we talked about the area, the people around, our past, jobs, music, family, aspirations... absolutely anything and everything. Felt like we'd known each other for a lot longer than a week!

Good luck, hope you have an amazing time!

niceupthedance Tue 17-Jun-14 06:45:54

My tip is go somewhere where you can talk about the surroundings (history of place, other people, interesting cocktail menu etc). It should all come more naturally this time. Have fun!

glasgowstevenagain Mon 16-Jun-14 22:49:56

Like first dates but less shyness and more chatty. .

Just go with the flow....tell him your fears make a joke of it

allisnotlost Mon 16-Jun-14 22:44:33

Its been over 10 years since I've been on a proper date so I'm starting to panic about a second date I have lined up for later in the week.

I'm 52 and met him via OLD. The first meet over coffee went very well and we found things to talk about and there was some attraction between us.

But I'm not sure what goes on on second dates I sound soooooooo stupid blush

Could you give me some tips on what to talk about, how to act etc. I know its all about enjoying it but feel I want to be prepared and have things to say to avoid awkward silences etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now