Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I shouldn't have to put up with this, should I?

(47 Posts)
PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 19:47:46

I'm just so fucking fed up of my partners attitude.

Sometimes when I'm doing something, for example, washing the dishes and partner needs to fill the kettle he will just come and barge me out of the way, i take it in good humour, laugh and jokily say "oi, do you mind"

Ok so with that in mind. I was in the bedroom this evening putting washing away, i went to put some stuff in one of the kids rooms and when i came back P was blocking the doorway while he got something out the wardrobe, i say "come on i want by" and push him (in the 'jokey' way he does to me) and he totally flips. Starts saying "don't you fucking barge me out the way, I'm trying to do something then I'll fucking move"

So i leave him to it, about 10 mins later im sat on the sofa absolutely seething and shake my head at his absolute hypocrisy, he says "what you shaking your head at" i say "you, its alright for you...." he cuts me off my giving me the finger and saying "fuck you"

So, before i totally lose the plot i grab my phone and head towards the stairs he says "yep, see ya, get yourself upstairs, best place for ya" to which i reply "i cant even fucking look at you" and he gives me a condescending little wave and says "bye"

I'm sat upstairs ready to completely lose me shit. Don't want to look at him, don't want to speak to him. Nasty fucker

PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 19:48:58

I'm fucking seething here like

defineme Fri 13-Jun-14 19:51:01

Why are you with him?

Cabrinha Fri 13-Jun-14 19:52:03

I'm sorry this may seem an obvious question - but why not end it? He sounds horrible.

Doinmummy Fri 13-Jun-14 19:52:54

He sounds a nasty piece of work. You don't have to tolerate this behaviour . Is this enough to make you want to leave him?

PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 19:53:09

Because in my mind he's not like this all the time, for the most part things are ok, but i know deep down it shouldn't be like this ANY of the time, how dare he treat me like this?

No you don't have to put up with it.

Where's the live in relationship?

Leave him.

JustSquirted Fri 13-Jun-14 19:54:10

You know the answer to your question.
No, no you shouldn't have to put up with it.
Why are you?

Cabrinha Fri 13-Jun-14 19:54:26

And to your question - no, you shouldn't.
And from I've read on here, that sort of shoving can be testing your boundaries, and can escalate. Right now, you're accepting him shoving you - so in time, when he says "fuck you" he might try giving you a slap with it.

But even if all he does is what you've described - you don't like each other. So end it.

CookieMonsterIsHot Fri 13-Jun-14 19:55:09

He's an arse so you hide in the bedroom seething while he has the run of the house. Sounds fucked up to me.

Like defineme said, why are you with him?

His reaction suggests this happens a lot. You hiding isn't much of a deterrent is it?

Cabrinha Fri 13-Jun-14 19:56:19

You don't even know it deep down sweetie - you know it! That's why you posted. Someone who loves you wouldn't EVER do this.

CookieMonsterIsHot Fri 13-Jun-14 19:57:13

He dares treat you like this because you let him.

Stop letting him.

defineme Fri 13-Jun-14 19:57:40

People in a relationship are supposed to love and like each other. I can't get by without dh's support and care. I think we're normal.
LTB -that's my first ever!

EverythingCounts Fri 13-Jun-14 19:58:15

Is the house rented or owned, and joint or one of yours? I don't like the sound of this. Does he do other unpleasant things? I am betting that actually he does. What are the good parts you mention?

PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 19:58:25

If i go downstairs im going to completely blow my top, i haven't been this angry for a long time

SURELY you can see there are men in this world who don't talk to women like that? You can do better than someone who talks to you like that. Why on earth are you with him?

clam Fri 13-Jun-14 19:58:47

I can well understand why you're so angry. I would be too.
In order to deal with this, though, I would recommend you stay out of each others' way completely until you have both calmed down. That may or may not take a while.
Then, at some point, (maybe tomorrow?) you will need to talk and calmly ask him why he thinks it's OK for him to barge you out of the way, but not the other way round.

Primadonnagirl Fri 13-Jun-14 19:59:24

Sorry you shouldn't have to put up with this but you both sound v childish tbh

"yep, see ya, get yourself upstairs, best place for ya"
And he sounds thick as fuck.

CookieMonsterIsHot Fri 13-Jun-14 20:01:29

Yes, go downstairs, blow your top.

Tell him it is over and you are / he is moving out.

Why are you avoiding blowing your top?

This is exactly the sort of behaviour that deserves a major reaction.

PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 20:03:24

Well i went downstairs, told him he was a nasty abusive cunt, that i couldn't bare to look at him and he diagusts me. He laughed

So It's over, I assume?

defineme Fri 13-Jun-14 20:05:09

Is it your house? Somebody has to leave.

PissedOffYetAgain Fri 13-Jun-14 20:06:01

Its in my name. He pays the rent

Whocansay Fri 13-Jun-14 20:12:01

Phone a friend and go out. Give yourselves a chance to calm down.

Then consider LTB with a cooler head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now