Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The mirror cracks....

(14 Posts)
Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 13:39:04

How very odd....I return after one night away....friends hen do in Barcelona.

Dd says ...."mummy look what we found on doormat"....<a very bizzarre....compact mirror with leapordskin lip design....detail mirror> type of thing you would slip in your up bag....

How strange dp reckons someone's....put it through letterbox.... Found or in our little close etc.... Ps not mine and prev trust issues....

Very odd Hhhhmmmmm

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 07-Jun-14 13:43:18

Does 'prev trust issues' mean he has form for screwing around and you think the mirror belongs to a careless conquest? Was DD still there while you were away in Barcelona?

JaycesMummy Sat 07-Jun-14 13:45:10

Very odd indeed... Perhaps someone has done this deliberately.

brokenhearted55a Sat 07-Jun-14 13:48:25

Could the children have found it or taken it from somewhere.

Look what I found mummy was a standard excuse for look what I put there as a child.

MuttonCadet Sat 07-Jun-14 13:49:39

Chances are it was posted. I wouldn't worry about that.

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 13:49:52

Cogito....years ago <about 6> found dp on vile contact sites....
No evidence he had ever met up with anyone and no evidence since ....but always suspicious <I'm a miss Marple type>. Dd literally said "mummy we came back from swimming and I trod on the mirror on mat....can I keep it"
It's a small compact ....yes could have been found and posted....we live in a small close of give houses....

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 13:51:08

Dd was here in our house with daddy. I'm 100 percent no one would have been here ....just v v odd....

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 13:51:48

Should say five houses....

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 13:55:16

Hmmmm thanks for all responses....yes we have had things left outside our house <scooters etc> blush which people have thought are ours....
But v strange to find a ladies mirror compact....
Dd loves it alreadyconfused

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 14:26:23

Trust is such a killer

JaycesMummy Sat 07-Jun-14 14:33:19

Only1scoop

After reading more, a neighbour could have found and and thought it was your DDs I wouldn't worry about it too much.

gobbynorthernbird Sat 07-Jun-14 14:36:09

Or, as a PP said, your DD has found it and wanted an excuse to keep it. If it magically appeared in the house, there's no chance of returning it to the swimming baths...

brokenhearted55a Sat 07-Jun-14 14:38:01

But v strange to find a ladies mirror compact....Dd loves it already

Your DD found it and brought it home from swimming. Then she pretended it was on the mat. Bless.

Only1scoop Sat 07-Jun-14 14:42:58

Again all.... thank you....perhaps I need to stop being ultra suspicious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now