Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you do with the old photos?

(15 Posts)
HippyTea Thu 05-Jun-14 15:10:28

Around December I took all of the photos I had of my ex out of my albums and bagged them up. Trying to pretty much remove all evidence he existed, I managed to throw almost everything him related away. I Bagged them up and shoved them out of view to be forgotten about until now, when I've started having a chuck out. It's all I've got left of a man I did love but fucked me over during my worst bout of depression and now feel no real niceties for.

Would you bin them or send him the holiday photos he features in?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 05-Jun-14 15:11:14

Bin. It's very therapeutic.

moneyone Thu 05-Jun-14 15:12:18

Bin. Sounds like he doesn't deserve you making an effort to send any to him.

AndyYorkeSingsBetterThanThom Thu 05-Jun-14 15:13:05

Bin them, if you aren't going to keep any in case you want to look at them in thirty years' time.

HippyTea Thu 05-Jun-14 15:21:15

Haha I don't think so Andyyorke'... I kept a load that made me look like I had a fabulous single girls holiday in Egypt with pretty fish.

Thanks smile I feel slightly evil binning them but so be it

sykadelic Fri 06-Jun-14 01:00:09

I binned many of my old ones... i kept the "good" exes but some of them I threw out because I couldn't handle tat reminder I was THAT dumb to have dated someone like them. Ugh. Flashbacks :S

brokenhearted55a Fri 06-Jun-14 09:57:14

I cant decide whether to delete my photos of ex. From facebook etc.

Mrscaindingle Fri 06-Jun-14 10:12:49

I threw out most of mine as I moved house last week, it was a bit of a wrench tbh and at the back of my mind I did wonder if one day I might regret it.
I have kept a couple for the kids in case they ever wanted to see some when they're older. Its difficult especially when your ex has trashed all your memories as mine did by claiming to have been unhappy for 10 years (!)
It's not as though I am ever likely to pour over them reminiscing on the good times however, as according to him there weren't any angry

MadeMan Fri 06-Jun-14 13:46:40

Keep the nudie photos and bin the rest.

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Jun-14 13:48:27

grin mademan, you obviously don't have nosey DC - they were the ones I had to bin!
I have them all still, despite having been with DH for 18 years and no desire whatsoever to see ex ever again. Maybe I should do a clear-outconfused

akaWisey Fri 06-Jun-14 14:25:19

I had a bonfire grin

I've had to keep mine for my DD as she still looks at our pictures.
But he is her dad and we together 15 years.
They are away in a cupboard now and I haven't looked at them for years.
If you don't have kids then bin them!

ouryve Fri 06-Jun-14 14:32:01

I shoved mine into the back of beyond and forgot about them. I came across them, last year, a decade on, and binned them.

I copped out a bit....gave the wedding album to my Mum. We do have a DD and people are in the album who were close relatives and dead now sadly. Don't know what she did with it. Guess I just didn't want to deal with it at the time sad

lordStrange Fri 06-Jun-14 22:08:37

Nice boyfriends are in a box in the loft. Horrible ones made the bonfire. Hrrrgh.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now