Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

would you email an ex

(31 Posts)
sailorsgal Tue 22-Apr-14 22:21:00

if you found out they were ill.
Told dh. I have been quite upset today. sad

Nancery Tue 22-Apr-14 23:09:15

Personally I don't get why people often have a thing about someone who happens to be an 'ex'! Granted it can be different when things end badly but surely this is more the exception than the rule, especially under these circumstances...?

Nancery Tue 22-Apr-14 23:09:34

Ooops, have I hijacked?

Nancery Tue 22-Apr-14 23:16:20

Sorry blush

LuluJakey1 Tue 22-Apr-14 23:21:04

Yes, my best-ex emails me every couple of weeks and I email him. We meet up for coffee occasionally. Nothing romantic or flirty - just gossip and chit chat and care. OH knows- can look at my emails or comes for coffee with me- if he likes and I can look at his emails - he has an ex he keeps in occasional contact with - once or twice a year. I would be devastated if my best-ex was ill or had something awful happen. We were together years- known each other since we were 7.

Caucasus Tue 22-Apr-14 23:30:56

I would, but then I periodically email some (not all) of my exes anyway. We exchange about once every 6 months/year with pleasantries "hope you are well" etc. I don't bother telling my partner, as it's not significant. I assume he has the same contact with his exes and it doesn't bother me.

In your situation, I definitely would.

mummyOF4darlings Tue 22-Apr-14 23:47:38

Given the circumstances i see no harm in an email especially if you have been in contact over the years, sure he will be pleased for your support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now