Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Daters/Online daters - what comments/behaviour instantly think "nope?"

(304 Posts)

I'm mildly addicted to flicking through profiles on POF. Rarely meet anyone. Sometimes I end up chatting to people but mostly I barely even continue past a few messages. I know I'm intolerant but so many things annoy me:
* Self-proclaimed music snobs who send you links to "awesome" bands and have a 30 strong list of the most obscure bands possible on their profile. Hate being forced to listen to some else's music - it just guarantees I will dislike it.
* Men who try so hard to sound reasonable and "modern man" but slip up with gems such as "I don't mind you having your own career," or "looking for a passionate girl but not TOO opinionated, lol."
* Anyone who tells anyone to "jog on" (cringe)
*People who message, then follow it up five minutes later with "You there?" "Not talking then?" or "Oh...ok then....bye."

What are your instant turn-offs?

Disclaimer - I'm very aware I'm not perfect and probably have many irritating aspects to my personality!

AdeleNazeem Thu 24-Apr-14 19:25:21

on a par with fishing pics to me are men who post photos of their cars. I don't give a shit what you drive, I'm just looking for a nice person!!!

(and men with sports cars?? please. Screams mid life crisis or penis inadequacy!)

confuddledDOTcom Fri 25-Apr-14 22:13:27

Told you I should have changed my name! I can't understand why someone would want that as their Tinder profile, I swiped left (are you surprised?)

Thanks LyndaCarter. I need to get myself back to the GP when I get chance.

I met an absolutely lovely guy this week, couldn't believe how much we are alike or think the same. I'm going to start taking him to work with me grin I've had this little joke running that there is a thread (not said where) to review men - meaning here of course. Told him he's getting a really bad rating.

HellonHeels Fri 25-Apr-14 23:54:48

Please tell me he's not the freak foot man, confuddled!

confuddledDOTcom Sat 26-Apr-14 12:25:03

No! I swiped him left! I was leaning towards the right until I saw that hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now