Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dick pictures

(98 Posts)
Thanksfebb Mon 03-Mar-14 22:22:11

Just why?? Why do men send these?

Found a picture in dh's phone outbox to a weird email address with just a word and number (no name). There is another message to that address just saying 'no I didn't' but that was two weeks before the picture

Trying to think of a reason he'd have sent this that isn't bad but can't really think of one.

WhateverTrevor83 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:45:20

Yeah have taken my contacts out am reading with one eye closed (attractive image) so read it wrong ;-)

AlpacaYourThings Mon 03-Mar-14 23:47:30

You need to ask him.

I can't think of any reasonable explanation unless he is partaking in embarrassing bodies and has a penis related issue and they needed a photograph.

Finola1step Tue 04-Mar-14 00:29:45

Ask him.

Innogen Tue 04-Mar-14 00:33:08

A dick picture helped me out very recently.

I can be quite 'fruity' and after chatting with a bloke I met on online dating for a couple of weeks, texting turned to sexting... the 'oh the things I would do to you if you were here' type of sexting.

Now, I am a nosey bugger, so when he asked if I wanted to see his dick, I obviously send yes.

AND LO AND BEHOLD. The thing was a monstrosity. Pubes growing way too far down the shaft to be normal, and this horrid, yellow, pussy bit on the head. Honestly, he needed a doctor.

THANK GOD I didn't have that shock in real life if I ever got to the point of shagging him. Viewing before purchase here saved my fanny.

Innogen Tue 04-Mar-14 00:34:20

I'm sorry if that was insensitive, OP, I really didn't mean it to be. Not fitting with the tone of the thread at all. I should have real ahead. blush

Innogen Tue 04-Mar-14 00:34:30

Read*

AnyFucker Tue 04-Mar-14 00:41:56

I feel a bit ill now

HandsOffMyGazBaz Tue 04-Mar-14 00:50:22

Im so sorry but I'm laughing away.. when I read the title, I thought it was some ones name, you know, like Mr Dick Pictures ..I thought, "That's unfortunate"..

im so sorry OP, I hope I made ya smile slightly. .its a shitty thing to happen.

Innogen Tue 04-Mar-14 00:56:07

Was the title that threw me too. I thought it was going to be laughing at a dating situation, not potential infidelity. Someone said it much more seriously above me: why is it 'men and dick pictures' rather than 'what on earth is my DH playing at?'.

So sorry for you again, OP. Genuinely bothered that I've upset you.

gamerchick Tue 04-Mar-14 09:53:30

I dunno.. I really don't think willys are bonny things to look at.. men are just sort of chucked together really in that area.

I wouldn't mind if the husband sent me one but he wouldn't do that.. not at least send them to somebody else.

AnyFucker Tue 04-Mar-14 10:17:46

OP are you ok ?

struggling100 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:33:33

People, the OP has just have an awful, horrible shock! I'm guessing the reason she's asking 'Why do men do this?' is that she is trying to process that it's happened, and wondering if there could in any possible way be an innocent explanation that would absolve him of guilt. It's a completely normal response and one that I think we all go through when we have a shock.

OP, I do think that you need to confront him with it - but I'm afraid to say that I think you should be sceptical about any 'innocent' explanation. I can't imagine a scenario where this would be appropriate behaviour in a committed relationship. I'm sorry, but I think it's evidence that there's something more going on.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are.

Cabrinha Tue 04-Mar-14 10:52:18

OP, I have been sent cock pictures. My friends have been sent cock pictures. Sometimes from boyfriends, sometimes from people on dating sites.
Every single time, it has been from a man who is having or wants to have sex with the recipient. EVERY TIME.

You are not jumping to conclusions. You are drawing the logical conclusion.
I would have a dig around for your own peace of mind - because when you tell your husband about this, he WILL try to minimise it.

kentishgirl Tue 04-Mar-14 10:54:43

I'd be tempted to send an email myself - from a new non-identifiable email address - asking who they are and why my boyfriend would have sent them a picture of his dick. If it's an OW and she doesn't know about you, I'll bet you'll get a reply. If it's a mate, (and men do weird things with their mates sometimes) you'll also get a reply. At least it gives you a chance of finding out what's going on instead of having to believe only what he tells you when you ask him.

WhateverTrevor83 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:00:35

Why ask the recipient/poss-OW?

Ask your DH! Leave the other person out of it (for now at least).

Go on OP, you can do it. Must have been a shock...

LEMmingaround Tue 04-Mar-14 15:04:04

I doubt an OW will reply - she would be more likely to pre-warn your DH. Im sorry but you are going to have to confront him.

Jan45 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:09:32

Eugh, how gross, he's clearly advertising his wears OP.

WhateverTrevor83 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:35:31

Yep Jan horrid isn't it... Hope you're alright OP thanks

SassySpice Tue 04-Mar-14 17:43:19

I'm not an expert on Kik Messenger, but I think users have word/number combinations as their users names. Might be worth investigating?
Kik and Whatsapp seem to be quite popular for sexting as there are no phone logs like you get with ordinary texting.

WhateverTrevor83 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:52:11

Whatsapp wouldn't need an email address though... he'd just be able to send from his iPhone etc (assuming he has a smart phone with a camera).

Thanksfebb Tue 04-Mar-14 19:33:09

Well I have asked him and he has denied it saying its not him and his email must have been hacked. I'm sure it is him

It's a gmail account he sent it to so I think just a normal one not messenger

LEMmingaround Tue 04-Mar-14 19:39:17

you can do instant messaging in gmail though. He is lying sad What do you want to do now?

Dirtybadger Tue 04-Mar-14 19:43:37

So definitely 100% dodgy, not embarrassing bodies. Because he's lying. Someone hacked his account and sent a message. Then two weeks later hacked it again and sent a cock shit. Yeah sure. That's why people hack emails.

I'm assuming he's cancelled his cards and checked his online banking etc. Because that's what I'd be doing if I'd actually been hacked.

Full of bullshit.

Sorry OP sad

Dirtybadger Tue 04-Mar-14 19:44:48

Have to laugh at myself. Cock shot not cock shit. Blergh.

Innogen Tue 04-Mar-14 19:46:05

Tell him you've seen his dick. You know that's his cock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now