Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do men know that we Rank them?

(172 Posts)
ACEdge Tue 25-Feb-14 01:54:56

Is it just me or do we all rank our men?

E.g. cock-size, worst in bed??

AlfAlf Tue 25-Feb-14 02:02:21

I think it might be just you!

GilmoursPillow Tue 25-Feb-14 03:06:01

We do? shock

catsofa Tue 25-Feb-14 04:22:48

No. This is kind of a horrible way to think of human beings, actually.

Xmusician Tue 25-Feb-14 05:06:03

I assumed girls do! can I add to your list; ability to cook, put loo seat back down....anyone able to add some others

arabellarubberplant Tue 25-Feb-14 05:11:43

I wasn't aware we did.

<blinks>

Are you sure you aren't a man trying to work out how you measure up?

I don't think women care particularly. Dick measuring, willy waving and seeing how high you can piss up the wall are purely male competitions. You'd be hard pushed to find a woman that is bothered.

Or is even interested enough to think about it. But you boys carry on chatting and getting your rocks off.

Xmusician Tue 25-Feb-14 05:16:34

No rocks! Simply wide awake with a cup of tea whilst DW sleeps! Too early to read the news and too bored to google anything! Perhaps some OMD hits on Utube from the 80's?

CinnabarRed Tue 25-Feb-14 05:20:17

I have never ranked any of the men in my life.

arabellarubberplant Tue 25-Feb-14 05:24:40

80s music far more worth ranking, I'd say.

arabellarubberplant Tue 25-Feb-14 05:30:40

You might notice in passing if your man was mildly irritating in the toilet lid dept, but I'm not sure it would cross your mind to consider how he ranked alongside previous partners...

Presumably you are with the current partner because you are reasonably keen. You might think 'I wish he would put the bog seat down', but probably not 'I wish he was more like Derek. Derek was brilliant with the bog seat. He's not as bad as Stan though. That Stan was the worst toilet seat offender I've had'.

Likewise cocks. Really, who even notices? Within the general bounds of normal, I have no idea which gullible men fall for the internet ads, really.

hazchem Tue 25-Feb-14 05:47:51

No. Don't rank men. As you I don;t think we should think about people as objects.

Xmusician Tue 25-Feb-14 05:55:31

I may be guilty of (mentally only) comparing the difference between my first wife and my second. Neither one comes first or second. They are totally different people and I value (valued) them as the individuals they are. Have moved on from OMD to Roxy M.

Trapper Tue 25-Feb-14 06:09:36

A friend of mine had a 'boy book' that she started as a teenager and kept going into her thirties. I think the original may have been a teen magazine thing. If I recall correctly it had marks out if ten for snogging and hotness. I be she still has it around somewhere - I must ask her!

VivianStanshall Tue 25-Feb-14 06:16:13

I'd be surprised to hear many women did this, I don't do this for girlfriends other than in the most general terms but that is noticing differences rather than ranking them, like nicest down to moodiest / worst temper (which you never get to find out beforehand sad).

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 25-Feb-14 06:54:00

hmm hmm

teaandthorazine Tue 25-Feb-14 07:04:13

I've never done this. I've never known any woman to do this.

And as for 'comparing the difference between my first wife and my second wife'...you have too much time on your hands, mate.

I think men rank women far more than women rank men, to be honest.

cory Tue 25-Feb-14 08:16:12

speak for yourself, OP

FolkGirl Tue 25-Feb-14 08:17:06

I've never ranked anyone!

I'm obviously aware of differences, but I've never attached any ranking to them.

So yes, it's just you.

Innogen Tue 25-Feb-14 08:17:13

I don't rank either. confused

MillyBlods Tue 25-Feb-14 08:21:16

No, never done that.

Coelacanth Tue 25-Feb-14 08:32:55

Nor me hmm.

sillymillyb Tue 25-Feb-14 08:37:24

Nope..... No ranking here either. I am eternally single though so perhaps that's where I'm going wrong confused

Bowlersarm Tue 25-Feb-14 08:39:43

I don't rank.

Wouldn't occur to me.

How odd.

Preciousbane Tue 25-Feb-14 08:41:38

I'm not sure about ranking people I have actually dated but I know a few people who have used the marks out of ten as a general overview for potential mates, I have. Maybe I'm a dreadful person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now