Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Steak & BJ Day!?!?!?! yes really!

(93 Posts)
chrissy74 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:50:04

Just noticed my DP "liked" this on FB as it popped up (pardon the pun) on my newsfeed
https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Steak-and-BJ-Day/133112051338?fref=ts
I thought "yeah right" then googled it well blow me! it appears to be a very popular day.

As my DP gave me a wonderful valentines day I'd like to give him something special so this is just the thing.
any of my lot heard of this day already?
what do you think of it? all good fun and i enjoy as much as he does

meditrina Mon 24-Feb-14 13:56:00

Yes, it's been around for a few years and i remember reading about it annually on MN.

It always struck me as a bit tacky (not to mention rather narrow in focus) but if you want to celebrate, then I assume (or at least hope) you'll be doing it in private, so each to their own.

Fairylea Mon 24-Feb-14 13:59:33

When is the steak and oral sex for women day??

sebsmummy1 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:01:00

I've heard of it. My partner has had do much TTC sex over the lady 14 days I think he would happilyvtakecthecsteak and leave the BJ lol

sebsmummy1 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:01:18

Classic phone fail lol

chrissy74 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:01:34

^odd thing to say, why would you not do this sort of thing in private?
I was planing on setting up some floodlights and doing it on the front lawn for him

meditrina Mon 24-Feb-14 14:03:39

Just don't frighten the horses!

Bluemonkeyspots Mon 24-Feb-14 14:04:06

Fairy- it's seemingly on April the 14th and is called chicken 'n' lickin day

HelpfulChap Mon 24-Feb-14 14:05:45

April 14th - noted in diary

chrissy74 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:06:14

chicken 'n' licking grin I like the sound of that

liquidstate Mon 24-Feb-14 14:07:50

confused as my DH had steak and a BJ on feb 14th. I had to buy my own flowers from the supermarket hmm.

meditrina Mon 24-Feb-14 14:08:32

What would vegetarians and vegans do though?

Quorn then the horn? Or just Cunning Linguini?

hootloop Mon 24-Feb-14 14:09:34

I actually find this quite funny and yes DH does get steak and a BJ but the steak is the rarer thing here.
Its funny though because he thinks thinks valentines day is is romantic and I think it is meaningless crap so I end up buying him a present then as well.

poppins30 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:16:41

I think it's quite tragic if you have to set aside a pre determined day for a blow job grin

Back2Basics Mon 24-Feb-14 14:19:15

What is the date?

Fairylea Mon 24-Feb-14 14:19:45

smile @ chicken and licking!

You learn something new everyday and all that.....

ListenToTheLady Mon 24-Feb-14 14:20:21

Yes I thought valentine's day itself was supposed to be the steak and BJ day. <behind the times> <not that DP got either, we had curry and I fell asleep>

poopooheadwillyfatface Mon 24-Feb-14 14:21:20

My husband is a vegetarian.

grin

poopooheadwillyfatface Mon 24-Feb-14 14:21:51

Though I suppose it wouldn't be him eating the meat <snurk>

DailyBread Mon 24-Feb-14 14:23:54

Seriously? There are women out there who would cook a particular food and give oral sex to their parent purely because some silly (sexist) website says to? Can you be made to do anything? Or is it just sexual favours you give out on a stranger's bidding?

apermanentheadache Mon 24-Feb-14 14:24:38

How vile. Meditrina grin

SomethingAboutNothing Mon 24-Feb-14 14:41:59

Oh dear god DailyBread I hope people don't do that for their parents! wink

MrsSandshoes Mon 24-Feb-14 14:43:20

Mine's vegetarian!

stripeygreensocks Mon 24-Feb-14 14:45:11

Oh no, hope my dh doesn't know about this, I'm defrosting steaks for dinner........

(and steak is all he's getting grin )

Dahlen Mon 24-Feb-14 14:49:56

grin at DailyBread.

Each to their own. If people like the excuse for romance (Valentine's) and 'appreciative' sex, all power to them I guess. Personally, I think a relationship is likely to be far better if neither party needs to follow set appreciation days but manages to feature appreciation, respect, kindness, passion and good old carnality on a regular basis just because it does.

Am a bit hmm that steak is a man's food and chicken a woman's, though. Since when have food preferences been governed by gender?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now