Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How old we're you when you lost your big V

(140 Posts)
Flowerybitch Mon 10-Feb-14 20:39:16

I was 14 and when I look back now I was soo young but thought I knew everything, lasted 2 minutes and really not all it was cracked up to be. Has anyone got any horror stories about their first time they would like to share :-)

NinjaCow Wed 12-Feb-14 00:02:59

15. I liked it, was kinda painful though. I was naive, my boyfriend was anything but.

samesizetoes Wed 12-Feb-14 00:13:20

I was 16, he was 19. On a rugby pitch and the groundsman caught us whilst doing his rounds. blush

fiftyandfab Wed 12-Feb-14 04:05:56

erroneous apostrophe...how very annoying and unworthy of my response <growl>

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Wed 12-Feb-14 13:16:53

17. First boyfriend. Enjoyed it.

halfwildlingwoman Wed 12-Feb-14 13:42:16

Elvis! Jealous.
I should have done it with my best friend and first love, the week before I left for university we spent a night on a mates sofa and did 'everythingbut'.... I really wanted to, but I knew that he didn't love me the way I loved him and I was too scared/romantic to let it be like that. I really regret not doing it with him, he was a lovely lover. We are still friends now, which is pretty special.
It actually happened when I was 19, at the end of my first year at uni. He was a very pretty Irish boy, drunk and couldn't keep it up for very long. Deeply depressing really.

CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 12-Feb-14 13:56:15

I was 19 and it was with my brother's best mate who I had adored for years. We got together eventually and lasted almost a year. First time was ok but not really earth moving. It got better though! He's gay now. Don't think that had anything to do with me though!

kmc1111 Wed 12-Feb-14 14:23:24

15. One time thing with a friend not a boyfriend IYKWIM. It was really, really good. Unfortunately that meant the bar was set high and for the next few years it was just one disappointment after another.

SteveBrucesNose Wed 12-Feb-14 14:23:38

15, at a party, on my friends bed. It was, well, meh. Not very successful.

I believe he's gay too now.

AnneWentworth Wed 12-Feb-14 14:39:10

15, drunk, party crap.

Golferman Wed 12-Feb-14 19:36:15

A mans experience; I was 17 and was a girl at college but I was pretty drunk which rather spoiled it. Three years later took my now wife's virginity, in the shower at the college in Paris she was at for three months.

muddylettuce Wed 12-Feb-14 21:46:58

15, with an on off boyfriend, at Glastonbury '98. It was cold, we were stoned, smelly and muddy but I smile when I remember grin. Ahhhh, to be carefree!

MeltyChocolate Thu 13-Feb-14 01:12:46

I was 12 and it was on 4th July, in Florida. He didn't know my age, i looked older. Way too young and regretted it since

AmazingJumper Thu 13-Feb-14 01:25:03

19. First boyfriend.

HandbagCrazy Thu 13-Feb-14 11:51:43

15 with my first boyfriend. It was ok, painless and sweet. Although he became a nasty bastard after being togther for a year, i dont regret it because sex was one of the only things he was consistently nice about / good at

ephemeralfairy Thu 13-Feb-14 13:15:47

17. I was trying to get rid of it long before that though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now