Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you think I should apologise for this?

(11 Posts)
lonelyredrobin Sun 09-Feb-14 16:26:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

You're both being over sensitive

He is likely miffed you saw him through the crowd and didn't go to be with him. He's not right btw, but you're both equally at fault if you did want to spend time with each other.

knowledgeispower Sun 09-Feb-14 16:31:16

I wouldn't apologise. Do you have feelings for him that go beyond friendship?

FlatFacedArmy Sun 09-Feb-14 16:32:40

So neither of you made an effort and you somehow think it's all his fault? You were both a bit wrong but your snippy email was totally out of order.

I would apologise for the stroppy email. Say "sorry if I came across a bit rude in my email, I didn't realise you would be leaving so soon before I got around to you and I'm disappointed we never got to have that chat/drink we were looking forward to together. Let's schedule a proper catch up for when we both have time!"

minkBernardLundy Sun 09-Feb-14 16:35:50

I would pretend it never happened. wait until you have a reasonable pretext to email him e.g. something of mutual interest comes up. and never mention it again.

lonelyredrobin Sun 09-Feb-14 16:36:20

lonelyredrobin Sun 09-Feb-14 16:37:53

minkBernardLundy Sun 09-Feb-14 16:58:43

I think you are being a bit sensitive. he left. he May have been intending to speak to you, got sidetracked and realised he had to be elsewhere. or felt ill. or been tired.

You should probably just forget it.

But if you look at another way. If he avoided you then making a fuss will make it worse and if it was accidental making out he did it on purpose will make it worse.

so best leave it unless he brings it up.
Find an innocent reason to contact him and take it from there.

UptheChimney Sun 09-Feb-14 17:19:47

So he chose not to speak to me I think

Operative phrase there is "I think" -- you are attributing motives to him for which you have little evidence.

As you've told it, I'd be upset & miffed at the situation, but disappointed mostly. So YANBU to be a bit upset. Bit not to this extent! I wouldn't make it into the drama you have. Step back -- you need to think about whether you want the whole relationship to go Pfft because of one bit of bad timing?

Holdthepage Sun 09-Feb-14 17:58:21

Why should you apologise, tell him you were looking for him to have a chat but he had already left. You can't speak to someone who is no longer there.

Maybe he was put out that you didn't make a beeline for him as soon as you arrived.

lonelyredrobin Sun 09-Feb-14 18:16:58

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now