Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Let's talk about sex baby

(63 Posts)
HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 10:02:57

Apologies but i can't find anywhere else to mention this.

Have been with new man 3 months now, we have sex about ooh 4-5 times a week if we can and it's great.

He's VWE which is great too but the other week I wanted to try spooning which I found amazing but then he wanted the normal deep penetration hard and fast sex. I get the feeling he likes the hard, fast deep sex more...

Our relationship outside the bedroom is great too, we're quite well matched there and both of us say sex between us is the best ever at 42 years old each.

Also we use things to spice it up, the odd bit of dress up, sex toys (just recently started to use those 2) - is that ok so early on?

Any ideas?

antimatter Thu 30-Jan-14 12:33:12

how about if each of you takes turn on who decides what's happening on any given night for a while

would you be comfortable doing it?

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 13:38:36

anti - yes that's a good idea and I would be comfortable doing it.

I think i will set the scene (in my place!) call the shots etc but make it romantic etc.

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 13:43:30

Ton that's the thing - I was advised by my mum and a close friend re going back to his place.

I live on outskirts of London and lives on Kent coast. He works in London so we see each other after work as well as at weekends.

His main problem is apparently his place (a house) is very messy, maybe hoarder state and he has promised to sort it out. I keep on reminding him of this.

He has a 13 year old son who he sees at some weekends but also Wednesdays who stays with him - which is all FINE!

But then if I've reminded him about tidying he's been, oh it's Christmas, then oh I want to spend time with my son not just tidying etc. But on the other hand he says "I want you to spend weekends with me on sofa etc and to meet my friends", I've had an informal invite.

I finally said the other week I'm fed up please either take some time off work or tidy at weekends or I won't let you come to mine.

his response was mostly avoidance but said he would tidy.

ageofgrandillusion Thu 30-Jan-14 13:51:39

You sound a bit fixated on sex OP. Have you considered there are other things in a relationship - you know, like having laugh and enjoying each other's company?

Tonandfeather Thu 30-Jan-14 13:52:23

Are you 100% sure he's single?

You've really met no-one who knows him well?

How did you two meet?

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:25:40

ageof - we actually DO have a laugh and enjoy each other's company. I guess at the start it WAS a lot about sex. as well as a laugh etc but sex was uppermost for both of us.

Ton - yes I am 100% sure he's single. I could find out if he isn't. Met him on dating site.

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:26:24

I haven't met anyone who knows him well no.

Tonandfeather Thu 30-Jan-14 14:30:40

How could you find out?

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:31:23

IDK I could check stuff.

To be fair I can access with him there, FB, twitter etc. He really is open about that.

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:32:12

I've asked him if he is seeing someone else (for reason above) and he said no he doesn't have time and he would not do that.

I get a truth vibe from him, eg he is not lying.

Tonandfeather Thu 30-Jan-14 14:33:11

You've really not had any suspicions? I think your mom and friend do.

You do realise the "Untidy House" trick is well-known and well-used?

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:33:33

Stealth Boast alert smile

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:39:24

Ton - of course I've had my suspicions.

of course I know about the "Untidy House" trick.

but he has met my brother and his wife. and I've asked him a couple of times if he is seeing anyone else and every time he says no.

so now what? do I believe him or not?

NaffOrf Thu 30-Jan-14 14:40:10

I get a truth vibe from him

I'm sorry OP, but you must allow me a MWAH-HA-HA at this point.

He sounds like a player.

I'm still not entirely sure what you want from this thread, tbh.

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:42:40

ok then he's a player from what you say.

All I asked in this thread was how to improve sex life if it was normal etc.

I've now got people telling me he is cheating and is a player.

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:46:45

But the kent coast is lovely, you would think he would want to have you down to go for walks etc? or is it just sex? just sex is fine you know

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:47:40

he wants me down but he has a 13 year old son and an ex partner.

no it is not just sex.

this will be the end of the convo now

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:48:03

Why have you asked him if he is seeing someone else, i have never asked my DP that in 22 years. Are you insecure or is he giving you reason to doubt him?

livingzuid Thu 30-Jan-14 14:48:51

OP if you trust him then that is all that matters. Men can be the biggest procrastinators on earth when it comes to stuff they don't want to do. Took my dh two years to put the doorbell up (I do not do diy).

Untidy house talk does not automatically equal cheater or player confused

Have you visited for the day?

I stand by my original advice. Take the lead more and be more assertive. And don't over think it too much 3 months is still early days smile

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:49:10

Sorry, i didn't mean to upset you - just trying to get a picture of what is going on.

If its just about sex - it all sounds pretty good to me

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:49:29

i mean the thread, not the relationship. how long have you been seeing him?

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:50:29

LEM - the only reason I asked was cos my mum and close friend suggested it. I am not insecure and he hasn't given me reason to doubt him.

I do trust him.

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:56:02

I honestly just think you should see how things develop. If you want to take control in the bedroom - do it, get on top of him, give him a bj etc. I prefer not being in charge myself then i get stuff done to me grin But there is nothing wrong with a bit of assertion in the bedroom.

HelloBoys Thu 30-Jan-14 14:56:12

I've been seeing him 3 months now. he was first one to say he loved me

LEMmingaround Thu 30-Jan-14 14:57:15

Don't nag him about the tidying though - tell him you want to see him not his house. just tell him to make sure he has clean sheets and does the washing up before you come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now