Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling utterly wrung out & need support

(81 Posts)
themidwife Tue 21-Jan-14 08:18:18

STBXH & I separated 18 months ago & got back together 3 months later. We had many highs & lows & he continued to live apart from us but spent a lot of time at home with us. We had couples counselling & many plans for him to move back in. Before Christmas I said we needed to shit or get off the pot now & sort ourselves out after Christmas.

Christmas was tense & illness, work & his attitude spoilt things. Just after New Year he went awol saying he needed time & space to work & concentrate on that.

Last weekend he had my youngest DD for weekend & she came home on Sunday & said there had been a strange lady & her children in Daddy's house she didn't know. I confronted him when he dropped her off & apparently he met her out somewhere last tuesday night & was now seeing her & our relationship was over but because in his mind we split up on boxing day he has done nothing wrong.

We made love over new year & he did not end the relationship with me although he avoided me.

How could he wheel a new woman & a her kids in after 5 days to meet my DD & start seeing someone without even telling me it's over between us?

I'm reeling with shock & disbelief. Tell me it gets better!

themidwife Tue 28-Jan-14 19:26:21

It'll be adultery. He's admitted it including her name in writing.

skyeskyeskye Fri 31-Jan-14 10:17:36

How did you get on in court? I hope you are doing OK.

themidwife Fri 31-Jan-14 14:20:19

He didn't turn up! Sigh! Another hearing in 2 months & now an application from my side to change the order.

skyeskyeskye Fri 31-Jan-14 14:44:14

What a twat. They should just throw it out if he can't be bothered to turn up.

captainmummy Fri 31-Jan-14 14:55:01

'Unreasonable behaviour' has to have examples and reasons.
Adultery has to have proof.

ultimately, to contest costs money.

themidwife Fri 31-Jan-14 16:06:44

We have proof of adultery so no problem there. He can wait for the absolute though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now