Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So I've LTB

(20 Posts)
FirstOnRecallDay Sun 05-Jan-14 20:21:15

Mumsnet, I never have personally posted anything regarding with my relationship on here, but have read many many threads.

My partner was EA and FA, luckily, I don't have children or financial ties with him so it was easier for me to leave, but without the advice I've read off MN I would have carried on and 'hoped' for the change.

So thank you for the advice you have given ladies, although it was never directly to me, it gave me the strength I needed for myself to get out of a very bad situation pronto.

thanks for you and wine for me.

Flisspaps Sun 05-Jan-14 20:23:13

wine Here's to a happy and healthy future for you. Well done smile

maparole Sun 05-Jan-14 20:24:31

Well done! Happy 2014 wine

Congratulations and Welcome to your new and exciting life smile

QueenofClean Sun 05-Jan-14 20:26:21

Congratulations smile

FirstOnRecallDay Sun 05-Jan-14 20:40:28

Thank you so much smile

wombat22 Sun 05-Jan-14 20:42:15

Well done and good luck for your future wine

Back2Basics Sun 05-Jan-14 20:43:21

Hi Op, I don't want to put a downer on this. Well bloody done but be careful it's so easy to go back. You get lonely and they're still harassing you and knocking on your door, you end up forgetting all the bad crap and taking them back till the next time.

Christmas, birthdays, his parents dying ect whatever don't let him get under your skin again.

Stay strong well done

Oubliette0292 Sun 05-Jan-14 20:43:46

Well done you - onwards and upwards wine

FirstOnRecallDay Sun 05-Jan-14 20:51:43

Thank you B2B, the fact that I feel no sadness or loss reminds me that I did the right thing so no going back!
2014 is the time to look after me! Life is too short, I wish that other people in the same situ will see this and take action. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, no more trying to please others for me thank you.

wordyBird Sun 05-Jan-14 20:54:47

Very glad you didn't wait and hope, FirstOn. Good for you, and happy 2014 smile

Lweji Sun 05-Jan-14 21:02:18

Good for you. smile

Cheers for a promising 2014.

louby44 Mon 06-Jan-14 07:49:16

I'm the same. Had doubts about my relationship but kept going because the good times outweighed the bad.

Reading other people's experiences on MN made me really think and I discovered that I didn't want the criticism, moaning and constant negativity that we got from him on a daily basis.

Nothing my DC ever did was enough. Time to make a stand.

Now he is showing his true colours and hiding behind a 'couldn't give a toss' attitude. Only a callous , bitter person can recover from a 6 year relationship within days! Defence mechanism?? Yup!

Good for you OP and good luck!

sebsmummy1 Mon 06-Jan-14 07:50:40

Love it! Good for you, you deserve better and you've taken the first step to finding someone who deserves you xxx

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 06-Jan-14 07:59:08

Even when you realise that a relationship is abusive or unhealthy, it takes a huge amount of courage to do something about it, take control and combat all the doubts and obstacles. Glad it's been the right decision and wish you very well indeed.

ScottishPies Mon 06-Jan-14 08:50:34

Well done for your strength of will and honesty to your self.

mammadiggingdeep Mon 06-Jan-14 09:08:15

Bloody well done...I wish you all the best and a very happy future xxx

Well done, what a brilliant start to the year for you smile

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 06-Jan-14 09:34:53

Love it when I read these threads &hear how MN has supported & advised women to make such life changes. Brilliant OP!!!

It underlines how important the relationships board is, and how many people can be helped from one person's experiences.

So if you are lurking thinking about posting please do you never know who it might resonate with & help. (although primarily about you obviously)

Good luck for 2014 & beyond OP.

FirstOnRecallDay Mon 06-Jan-14 11:39:56

Now the dust has somewhat settled
I really cannot say thank you enough, I know kisses are frowned upon on MN, but thank you so much for all your words, it really does help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now