Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

H won't go- stepped up the manipulation another level

(151 Posts)
PPaka Sat 04-Jan-14 11:01:59

Beginning of Nov I told him to leave, he said he won't go, said we can fix things
He's a liar, cheat. Whores, strippers, fwb.
I cannot forgive or forget what he's done.
He was supposed to have found somewhere by now, I've been at my parents
He has threatened suicide
On Wed, he text me to tell me he thought he was having a heart attack, I was 5 hours away
The hospital is 10 minutes
He went to work yesterday, wouldn't go to hospital last night
Supposedly taking himself now
But all huffy and big sighs, presumably because I'm showing no emotion, didnt even go up the stairs

He's a liar, the things he's lied about before are shocking.
I have to keep telling myself it's just another controlling manipulative method
But it's so hard

Can you help me through this

AcrossthePond55 Tue 14-Jan-14 00:39:28

That diary is a very good idea. And it's good that you have a mutual friend who can help you keep tabs on what he's thinking. Keep that line of communication open, for sure.

It's the flashes of anger than can escalate. Do call the police if he starts in again. You don't have to put up with that behaviour, no matter who is paying the mortgage. You deserve to be treated with dignity.

But, I will say, that if his attitude is that you have to put up with whatever he dishes out because he's paying for things, you may do well, if you can, in getting a job. Much easier said than done, I know. But it's a thought. But even if you can't, you still don't deserve to be treated that way. Nobody does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now