Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If your DP started a thread on MN about you...

(82 Posts)
rpitchfo Fri 27-Dec-13 21:51:23

This section spends a lot of the time analyzing in varying degrees of detail the actions and motives of DPs.

Time for a little bit of introspection.

If your DP started a thread in MN relationships about you what would it look like?

Pleasefiveminutesforme Sat 28-Dec-13 22:53:00

My DM may well be a manipulative bitch but poor thing had to put up with my EA DP so am I correct in thinking it's totally excusable for her to treat my DW the way she does, just as it is for me to treat her with contempt and lack of respect because that's just the way women should be treated? And is it ok to expect my DW to excuse me acting like a sulky disrespectful 14 year old when my DM is around because she is also a woman and should pander to my feelings in the very same way? Especially as my 3 year old DS needs to see how to treat his own mother and wife in time.

DidyouseeEthel Sat 28-Dec-13 23:10:57

Thank you garlicbaubles, I have skim read the 'look inside' option and really am flummoxed. The job description clearly states her position of humble rank and 'of low employment' so what on earth is her problem? She should feel honoured to come home after a long day at work and launder my clothes and prepare my dinner, while I stagger around pissed and verbally abusive, for I am a man, and she is fortunate to have one.

I have an uneasy feeling that this foray into mumsnet won't end well, and can only hope that my next 'partner' will have never heard of yourself, AnyFucker et al.

garlicbaubles Sat 28-Dec-13 23:13:45

grin

garlicbaubles Sat 28-Dec-13 23:17:35

I meant to say, DidyousDP, that it does rather seem as though you two are no longer suited. Would you be able to hire some help after you split? Or could you, perhaps, move into a hotel or other establishment where your domestic needs will be met? Your mother's perhaps? Or DP's mother's?

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sat 28-Dec-13 23:37:42

< narrows eyes in direction of Ethel >

DidyouseeEthel Sun 29-Dec-13 00:00:05

Nah, my own mother appears to prefer Ethel to me, she thinks I treat her appallingly. Not sure why - she's just a woman ffs. Ethel's dm though, there's a thought, she loves me. And I can be very charming and funny when I need things to be done for me. Good idea garlic, there's hope for me yet.

I saw some paperwork recently that led me to believe dp is re-mortgaging her house and I worried that it might be to pay me back the deposit I put in. I can stop worrying now, dmil has a washing machine, oven and an even nicer house than dp.

garlicbaubles Sun 29-Dec-13 12:59:06

Happy to help! As you say Ethel's mother taught her to respect men such as you, your moving in with her looks to be an ideal punishment solution. Perhaps you could let Ethel off the deposit repayment, in exchange for her mother, as it were?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now