Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what you love about your OH

(78 Posts)
tiamariaxxx Sat 21-Dec-13 20:52:55

Hiya, im writing this really as the other day i started a thread on here which i didnt make my fella sound to be very nice sad
Kinda feel a bit guilty for it really so as a reminder to my self why i love him to bits smile In no particualar order -

1) Hes funny
2) Brilliant daddy
3) Hardworking
4) Supportive of me
5) Gorgeous smile smile smile smile
6) Big and strong
7) Nice tatts
8) Caring
9) Generous (in all different ways wink)
10) We just have a great partnership smile

probilly loads more aswell smile

Wbu?

FolkGirl Thu 26-Dec-13 10:25:42

I don't have an OH, but was really enjoying reading this thread.

This... He doesnt piss anywhere hes not meant to was hilarious as I'm surprised at how often it is a quality lacking in some women's OHs!!

headinhands Thu 26-Dec-13 08:24:39

Ah this is lovely reading. I think my dh is quite nice too

EllaFitzgerald Wed 25-Dec-13 21:24:19

-He is the kindest man I've ever met
-He's not swayed by what other people think of him
-He's really quick witted and incredibly funny, he makes me belly laugh every day
-He's bloody lush! Big broad shoulders, muscly thighs and stunning eyes
-He makes me feel beautiful, even when I know I look rough
-He works really hard to make sure I never go without
-He puts me before him every single time
-He's no pushover, he doesn't put up with any of my nonsense!
-He loves our life together and our home
-He treats my family like his own
-He's always up for trying new things with me
-He's always bringing home presents when he goes out. Not big stuff, but a bar of chocolate or some bubble bath
-He's much nicer than I am

Wideboy Wed 25-Dec-13 17:15:24

She has been and still is an amazing mother to our 4 sons - all now grown up and flown the nest
She makes me laugh
I make her laugh
I can be myself in her company
She is my best friend
She gave me the thing I wanted most in life - a happy marriage, family and home
She has always supported me in my career ambitions and because of that, they have paid off
Her human qualities - the same qualities that make her a great mother make her good at her job (in education)
She has both feet on the ground and isn't high maintenance. She doesn't expect a great deal, which makes it enjoyable to do things for her
I could go on. She isn't perfect, nor am I, but the good points far outshine the others. We've been together 40 years, married 38 and I love her to bits

ImAnElfJeSuisUneElf Wed 25-Dec-13 12:21:17

He travelled halfway across the country to get me something id seen on a weekend away for my Christmas present. smile

jimijack Wed 25-Dec-13 12:19:41

If it's possible, he adores & loves our children more than I do.

He is tolerant

Great cook

Not selfish

Thoughtful

Brilliant at anything diy

Loves me, shows it, tells me, means it.

Dunno, he is just so lovely.

OttilieKnackered Wed 25-Dec-13 12:12:30

He is incredibly sexy and handsome. An actual ex model (much unlike me). He is kind and caring and thoughtful. He has supported me through the worst year of my life and let's me talk about my ex (who died) without ever getting funny about it. He's funny and sweet and tells me he loves me every day. He's very sexy and great in bed. He's generous and buys thoughtful lovely gifts.

The only bad thing is he's not here with me today.

ThistledownAndCobweb Wed 25-Dec-13 12:03:03

He always puts me first
He makes me laugh
He never ever bears a grudge and when I do he makes me realise what an arse I'm being
He looks like a real uncaring bruiser but is unfailingly kind and thoughtful to other people
He thinks I'm beautiful even now I'm middle aged and plump
He's relentlessly practical. He can fix things and sort out problems.
He looks after me when I'm ill
If I look tired he offers to drive me into work, even if this means he has to reorganise his own day or inconvenience himself.
He has eyes that change from blue to green according to his mood
He's learnt to cook and clean and does a bloody good job
He's my best friend, I can be myself with him

Warbride Wed 25-Dec-13 11:42:22

My hubby is currently in the kitchen peeling sprouts! Nuff said! :-D

tinselandtantrums Wed 25-Dec-13 10:29:41

He shares my sense of humour and we've had a good giggle this morning at some of the smug postings. It may be xmas but still...wonder statistically how many posters will soon be posting on other threads and advised to LTB..

CarpeVinum Wed 25-Dec-13 10:03:08

1st hubby was crap...I lost a lump of stone and found me a diamond

^^That. Exactly that.

Second time lucky and all that jazz. fsmile

CarpeVinum Wed 25-Dec-13 09:50:04

He is a big, hairy, macho bear of a man, who has absolutly no problem expressing all his feelings. He is highly communicative, I have never ever have to guess at what is going on in his head. He is sensitive to a fault. He has never stopped working on growing and overcoming the scars left by his childhood/adolecence/young adulthood with a very very severaly mentally ill mother.

He loves me. Heart and soul. Nothing held back. He can't go a day without telling me I am beuatiful and praising my values, principle and character. I have no intension of updating the perscription for his glasses, or pointing out how he glosses over the veritable flotilla of faults I have. grin

And he is the best father I have ever seen. I watch him and DS together and my heart sings. So attached, involved and loving. He is the complete opposite of my frigid, distant father. From 0-13 there is nothing he has shirked from doing for DS. He even did a stint as a SAHD so I could go back to work when he saw that being a full time SAHM was killing me. That is no small or easy choice to make in Italy, where SAHD are as common as unicorns and the very idea attracts crisitsm, derision and outright insult.

I knew he was going to be a star father the day I stood on a lecture stage in front of 500 teachers with the hump cos they had to be there. I could see him dealing with Worst Pureed Cauliflower Poo Explosion Eveh! just through the glass doors (the conference centre had locked the bathroom during talks...and then all the staff buggered off). Despite dealing with perhaps the worst smelling, most invasive poo DS had ever managed in his short life, he still looked up, blew me a kiss and mouthed "you will be fantastic. I love you" at me as I stood there quivering and overcome with stage fright. And it's all been uphill from there.

I love him so much. Perfect he is not. But he is perfect for me and DS.

HappyCliffmas Wed 25-Dec-13 09:21:24

This is going to sound so daft but it's his 'sleep face' that makes me feel all soft. He is one of those people that has a very mobile face - he's very expressive and his eyebrows are always all over the place grin
However when he's sleeping, his face is completely relaxed, just like a baby and he looks utterly content and peaceful.

He can make me howl with laughter in a way that no other person can.
He's an amazing cook.
He's 'manly' - hairy chest, knows how to fix a car, unblock a pipe, shin up a ladder, build stuff etc. <wobble>
Despite the 'manliness' he has the most hilarious sounding giggle I have ever heard.
He's not always easy to get along with - he can be very direct! - but he is always honest and I know that I can rely on him to tell me the truth about things, even when I don't want to hear it.
If I had to make a 3am "Bugger, where do I bury the body" phonecall, he would be there with a shovel, no questions asked grin

Lucylloyd13 Wed 25-Dec-13 08:23:19

He is kind
He is generous
He is clever
He is thoughtful
He has an enormous cock and knows how to use it.

lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 25-Dec-13 01:38:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Apatite1 Wed 25-Dec-13 00:01:39

Can't imagine my life without him. Five years later, he still looks at me like I'm the best thing since sliced bread. The great sense of humour and mega cuddles dont hurt either.

tiamariaxxx Tue 24-Dec-13 23:41:26

Think ive gone beyond the point were we're only together through physical attraction, yes it helps but i cant imagine my life without him even his bad points smile

Hypermutley Tue 24-Dec-13 23:29:20

Lovely comments there ladies they sound wonderful, shows all the good ones are taken smile ....can I ask, if you weren't physically attracted to them would you stay with them despite all the best bits?

MistressDeeCee Mon 23-Dec-13 11:47:55

He's a brilliant stepdad to my DDs - treats them as his own
Kindhearted
Not a mean bone in his body - a real provider
Family orientated
Handsome and sexy. Really lovely eyes, and mouth..
Gives me a nice massage when stressed
A good cook
Pulls cooker, fridge, washing machine etc out to clean behind them
Slightly geeky, which I find endearing in lots of ways

Despite some things I dont like about him, the above are more than enough for me to love him deeply, especially the way he is with my DDs. Theyre so happy around him. He has my back in this life, would never let me fall..& Im the same with him. 1st hubby was crap...I lost a lump of stone and found me a diamond smile

Chippingnortonset123 Sun 22-Dec-13 23:42:19

He supports me with aged parents and additional woes.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 22-Dec-13 23:38:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HogiBear27 Sun 22-Dec-13 23:21:25

Lovely thread - I hope I meet a man lik eone of these men one day lol!

Tiptopform Sun 22-Dec-13 23:20:16

He has integrity running through him like 'Blackpool' through Blackpool's peppermint rock; he is very amusing; he loves being with me and our DS and shows it by being at his most relaxed and happy; he is beautiful - and is maturing as pricelessly as a fine wine; he could not be a better supporter of me and of us all; he brings home the bacon without complaint as I re-train; he is universally liked by our friends in the face of his disbelief; I seriously can't imagine being with anyone else for the rest of my life. Lucky me!

something2say Sun 22-Dec-13 21:29:11

Mine is gentle. I like hearing him talk to people. He is loving and clings on close to me. He is super talented and takes me everywhere with him. He encourages me. He is gorgeous and has a gorgeous bum!

Merry Christmas all!!!

savemefromrickets Sun 22-Dec-13 21:00:44

He's funny and kind.

He also humours me, such as yesterday when I wanted to have a disco light show bath at midnight, even though there really wasn't enough room he got in, complete with his text Santa reindeer hat on, and we sat (un)comfortably drinking whisky and watching the lights.

He's just lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now