Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what you love about your OH

(78 Posts)
tiamariaxxx Sat 21-Dec-13 20:52:55

Hiya, im writing this really as the other day i started a thread on here which i didnt make my fella sound to be very nice sad
Kinda feel a bit guilty for it really so as a reminder to my self why i love him to bits smile In no particualar order -

1) Hes funny
2) Brilliant daddy
3) Hardworking
4) Supportive of me
5) Gorgeous smile smile smile smile
6) Big and strong
7) Nice tatts
8) Caring
9) Generous (in all different ways wink)
10) We just have a great partnership smile

probilly loads more aswell smile

Wbu?

Poshnosh Sat 21-Dec-13 23:08:49

I love that I can be me infront of him. It hasn't always been like that but after nearly 10 years there's nothing I can't do or say infront of him.

I love that he is the best dad ever to our DC. Always puts them first and wants the best for them.

He makes me laugh all the time and I know we will always be together. I try to make him laugh but I am shit at being funny but atleast I try! For example I was having a wee and he said 'ooooh nice skid marks' cue me thinking oooooooh noooo but he was just being silly.

I honestly can't think of a thing I would change about him.

Moxiegirl Sat 21-Dec-13 23:14:58

He does most of the housework and gets up to the children much more than me.
He's calm.
He loves me.
I'm a pain in the arse but he doesn't care grin
He has shared custody of his daughter from first marriage and is on good terms with his ex wife. (I think this says a lot actually)
He is a nice man.
Cooks the Xmas dinner grin

cheesypastaplease Sat 21-Dec-13 23:23:04

He makes me laugh
He thinks that the dc are amazing and they think that of him
He's very protective of me and extended family
He's very loyal
He always tries to support me
He LOVES doing DIY
He really, really enjoys doing finances - just as well as I think it's beyond boring
He supports my geeky ways!

kelper Sat 21-Dec-13 23:31:17

Thought I'd better balance out my likes and dislikes!
He's my soul mate. Although he can be a bit meh, I love him ever so much.
He brings me random presents, and buys me flowers regularly.
He doesn't think I'm fat.
He'd do anything for me (and I for him)
He makes tea occasionally, and doesn't tut when I have another glass of wine.
When we met i had lots of his friends tell me he'd never settle down, never want children etc. his reply to them all was he'd never met the right person. Ds is his pride and joy smile

onedev Sat 21-Dec-13 23:32:10

He is just great - he loves me even when I'm at my most psycho!
He's a fantastic dad.
He supports me in my career & choices no matter what.
He looks super sexy, especially when wearing a suit - gorgeous broad back!
He brings me McDonalds when I'm hungover even though when he's hungover I'm mean & angry & annoyed that our day is potentially ruined!
We've somehow created 3 gorgeous boys & I just can't believe my luck.

onedev Sat 21-Dec-13 23:35:23

Should also add after reading others , he's calm; gets up with the boys way more often than I do; does the majority of the housework & cooks Christmas dinner grin

tiamariaxxx Sat 21-Dec-13 23:39:13

Were all so lucky arent we. Cant believe after 7 1/2 years im still madly in love with him, i just knew there was something about him first time we ever met smile

We did have a rocky first few months due to certain problems, i guess you could say i took the biggest chance of my life by standing by him think its pulled off, we are both better people smile

I dont usually like him seeing what im upto on the pc but i hope he does have a nose at this and he might realise how much i love him

Moxiegirl Sat 21-Dec-13 23:42:40

Oh yes forgot to mention he loves me whatever weight I am, I have fluctuated about 5 stone since I met him and he doesn't mind and finds me attractive whatever my weight shocksmile

tiamariaxxx Sat 21-Dec-13 23:52:01

Moxie girl im same my weights been up and down like a yoyo he dont seem to care. Just before i got pregnant with my eldest i was feeling upset id gone from a 14 to a 16 and he made a little comment he swears he was joking but i went mad hes never commented since lmao

echt Sun 22-Dec-13 05:10:16

He's a good man
He works hard
He knows my job is harder than his, though he gets paid way more
He's really good at pressie buying
He does all the cooking
He reads, loves films, as I do
He gets me to see bands I wouldn't otherwise see
He's funny
He's a good dad to our DD
I assume he still fancies me, though he remarked positively about Miley Cyrus in Wrecking Ball. And the same about the chap who did the Chatroulette parody.grin

TheBrotherHoodOfSteel Sun 22-Dec-13 07:18:41

His sexy smile...wink

SELondonSwede Sun 22-Dec-13 07:38:34

He loves his family
He dots on ds and is so proud of him
He is very practical
Generous beyond belief
Always puts his family first
Solution orientated
He is funny
Supportive - even stands up to MIL when needed. Sensitive
Thoughtful
Loyal
He likes to talk & listens
He is Gorgeous

HairyGrotter Sun 22-Dec-13 07:40:34

Lovely thread!

My fiancé is strong minded, challenges me (and I him, a little too much sometimes), his only want in life is love, he's sensitive, caring, kind, generous, a wonderful daddy to my DD, adores the both of us, thinks I'm the most beautiful woman alive (I think he needs new glasses), his favourite thing in the whole world is snuggles with DD and I in the morning, he works hard, intelligent, funny, a liberal feminist, respectful, sexy as fuck, massages me, doesn't strop, tolerates my mood swings in the run up the the crimson bastard, affectionate, thoughtful and downright perfect for me.

Cannot wait to get married to him and I thought I'd NEVER say that grin

Mrs4561 Sun 22-Dec-13 15:18:34

Love this thread, has made me think about just how much I love my DH smile
He's gorgeous
He's an amazing dad to our ds (and did more than his share of the 4/5am wake ups, dispute working long hours)
He works damn hard so I can be a sahm
He's funny
He knows my job as a sahm is equally important and difficult as his (and stands up for me if anyone ever dare say I don't work/don't have a job)
He's just on the same 'wavelength' as me iyswim
He's really supportive of me studying for a degree
He will always put me and ds first
He will get takeaway whenever I cba cooking way too often
He's very intelligent, and we have the longest most bizare conversations
He 100% trustworthy and honest (even when telling me what clothes looks good/bad etc)
Aww I luffs him I do!

angelinajelly Sun 22-Dec-13 18:20:46

He's kind, gentle, generous and loyal. I know I can trust him completely. He puts my happiness first. He listens to me and respects my opinion. He makes me feel beautiful. He is never demanding. He gives everything a lot of thought, and it matters to him that he does the right thing. He makes me feel safe and loved and wanted, always.

RedBushedT Sun 22-Dec-13 18:30:52

ooh lovely thread.
My DP is wonderful and I love him because:
He's funny, intelligent, kind and caring. He supports me and make me feel so safe and cherished. He is sexy as can be and we are so well matched in bed wink he makes me weak at the knees just by holding my hand or giving me "that" look.
I admire his determination and his ambition. He's amazing with his kids and mine too.
I'm just so happy he's all mine smile

fuckwittery Sun 22-Dec-13 18:32:13

Hilariously funny
Painfully honest but never tells a lie
Suffers no fools
Wants to make me happy
Brilliant dad in so many ways
We have an equal partnership in childcare and household chores,
He is v handy around the house
Loyal
Sexy and hot in bed

Lol at perfect cock. I once sent DH a text in the early days of our relationship saying I love your beautiful penis (I know I know), except I sent it to one of our mutual friends instead. He is a good man as he has forgiven me.

HopAlongOnItsOnlyChristmas Sun 22-Dec-13 18:35:15

He's thoughtful, kind and loving. He's a great dad. Hes sensible and responsible (esp with money). He's funny and clever and good in bed. Pretty much feel like I struck gold most days.

Pipsmilkmaid Sun 22-Dec-13 19:00:58

He gets up to make me a cup of tea at the 3am feed even though I sneak out of bed to feed our son.
He also eats more chocolate then me!

He's just got in from work (works mostly 7days in dec due being the owner of a fab independent booze shop shop, immediately got stuck into the mountain of dishes without a word and made me, DS and my mum an awesome chorizo risotto which we washed down with a fairly extravagant bottle of wine he brought home, just coz.
Pretty much sums him up smile

Twinkly-eyed loveliness a bonus.

fifi669 Sun 22-Dec-13 19:32:02

DP was sending some rude texts.... He said thinking of your mum makes me penis twitch..... He meant my bum (I hope!)

BikeRunSki Sun 22-Dec-13 19:35:20

He always keeps it together in a crisis. However big ( uterine rupture and crash section; redundancy) or small (broken down fridge) and all the big and small things that life sends you in between; if I am flapping and crying anxiously, then DH is sorting it out.

BikeRunSki Sun 22-Dec-13 19:39:10

Because, when he was made redundant when DD (our DC2) was 4 weeks old, he took a job he knew he would hate and did it, uncomplainingly for 18 months.

Offred Sun 22-Dec-13 19:59:56

Intense up and down relationship with relatively new bf but sister suggested I think about his positives so in no particular order;

1. He is patient and supportive with my anxiety
2. He cries often
3. He lets his big feelings free all over my carefully constructed emotional walls
4. He is hairy like a wild animal
5. He is really silly
6. He loves, and can talk to, children
7. He is brave
8. He loves animals
9. The sex is always really good and he's really excited by my horrible overweight and post children body
10. He is dewy-eyed
11. He has swallowed a thesaurus
12. He loves cuddling
13. We have similar but different enough beliefs to make things interesting
14. He thinks creatively
15. He actively cares for people
16. He loves his mum and dad
17. He is enabling me to respect myself and expect respect from others

Charlie97 Sun 22-Dec-13 20:05:03

:-) everything, just everything! 27 years married and I love him sooo much still! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now