Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How can this happen? Does it mean he's cheated?

(24 Posts)
Hollyandberries Tue 10-Dec-13 09:22:48

Ooo that sounds grim. This was just a flat mark on the penis but you could clearly see it had come from a blood vessel

Abitannoyedatthis Tue 10-Dec-13 06:39:10

The blood vessel thing dies happen spontaneously. Woke up with BF one morning and there was blood everywhere. It didn't occur doing sex. At the time my flatmate was an A &E nurse and she had seen it a few times.

Hollyandberries Tue 10-Dec-13 06:32:17

Sorry if tmi the "bruise"/ burst blood vessel was half way down the shaft of penis

Walkacrossthesand Tue 10-Dec-13 00:56:25

KBW, your local emergency department staff must nudge each other and surreptitiously point when you hobble walk in again after another jolly jape....

KissesBreakingWave Tue 10-Dec-13 00:37:26

I've packed every hour full of minutes. The groinal damage is merely a fraction of a tithe of a catalogue of 'how the FUCK did he walk away from that?' stories, liberally seasoned with a few 'no shit, there I was' tales.

Some days, I need a shot of adrenaline just to get my heart started. Or a good wank.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Tue 10-Dec-13 00:25:18

KBW, you are very errr accident-prone, aintcha ? grin

OP, I am generally a man-hating harpy who sees cheating blokes every 5 minutes but even I am not convinced this one is a wrong'un. I think you should relax.

KissesBreakingWave Mon 09-Dec-13 23:46:16

I have injured my knob in all manner of ways.

Numerous zipper accidents, over-enthusiastic bicycle braking, making complete horlicks of getting over a spiked railing (came within milimetres of an massive groin impalement, brr), having bristles fly off a rotary wire brush, setting my trousers on fire with carb cleaner, scalded it with tea and blistered it with chili oil due to going to the loo after chopping the things having forgotten to thoroughly scrub my fingers.

Looking back, it's amazing the fucking thing's still attached.

Only did so while having sex once, I have to say, and that was a marathon session while both of us were teenagers. There were.... abrasions. And a bit of it snapped altogether. Not the kind of thing that happens as a result of a tuppeny upright behind the bins outside a nightclub.

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 22:43:58

grin I did ask him if he'd got it caught in zipper but he said no. Quite likely he wouldn't remember though or was embarrassed to admit it. He's funny like that

Greensleeves Mon 09-Dec-13 22:35:37

LOL, do you think he has cheated on you with a staplegun?!?

he probably got it caught in his zipper while blundering about pissed or something

I wouldn't be worrying

redundantandbitter Mon 09-Dec-13 22:31:21

I initially thought 'drunken zip incident'

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 22:21:12

gruntfuttock grin I was thinking more along the lines of oral sex causing it

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:54:44

I'm not sure he's cheated. I've previously been in a bad relationship where I was very insecure about all sorts of things. With this man, I wasn't concerned about him going out really as I felt reasonably happy he was trustworthy. Then when I saw that I did wonder

Gruntfuttock Mon 09-Dec-13 21:50:03

If he bruised his penis cheating he's doing it wrong.

Hope this helps.

JoinYourPlayfellows Mon 09-Dec-13 21:44:35

Why were you so sure he had cheated?

It doesn't sound very likely given what you know.

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:42:18

lego I suggested that to him but he said no he didn't trap it. Mind you if he'd cheated I guess he could have jumped on that as a get out

Dirtybadger Mon 09-Dec-13 21:41:25

The fact that he showed you bodes well IMO. It would be easy to hide I should imagine, should he have wanted it to. And, unless he was a very confident liar I imagine he would have wanted to avoid you seeing. He'd be paranoid about you putting two and two together (I mean if he had cheated, he'd probably be Googling too to check you wouldn't definitely catch him out). Hope that makes sense.

LegoCaltrops Mon 09-Dec-13 21:40:44

After a drunken night out, lots of liquid consumed, he could have trapped his skin in his zip on one of many toilet trips, & not remember.

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:39:20

True I suppose he could have avoided coming round that day or said he was feeling rough so didn't want sex I suppose

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:38:10

No I have no other reasons to suspect cheating it just seemed odd to me

MillyChristmas Mon 09-Dec-13 21:37:39

I think if he had been cheating then he would not have shown you the bruise on his willy so casually. He would have avoided sex with you for a while until it was gone.

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:37:15

I think it's just the timing of it tbh, after a drunken night out

AngelsLieToKeepControl Mon 09-Dec-13 21:37:08

The 3 penis injuries I have seen are a split foreskin (that bled a LOT), a cigarette burn from smoking on the toilet and dropping the cigarette, and a zipper incident that sounds pretty similar to your boyfriends injury.

Why did you think he was cheating? Any other reasons?

It sounds like it could be anything. I wouldn't automatically assume cheating. I wouldn't give it much thought myself.

Hollyandberries Mon 09-Dec-13 21:33:45

Been seeing my bf a few months, all good so far. He went on work Christmas night out at weekend. Came round my house the next day and told me he'd got very drunk. Then told me he had a bruise on his penis!

He showed me and it looked exactly like a small burst blood vessel. He claims he doesn't know why it's there, I automatically thought the worst and he assures me that's definately not the case, that it just appeared. I hate feeling this doubt, I was so happy

I googled it and have read that sometimes this can occur spontaneously, has anyone else had experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now