Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Paranoid or justified?

(13 Posts)
Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:37:41

Hi please can you all give me your thoughts
2 years ago I very stupidly got flirting with an old work friend over face book
Never met or anything happened but it was very flirty
Dh saw the msgs it only happened once and he was really upset but he forgave me then we moved on
Today we had a row because he and my friend have been texting each other for the last year nothing really bad but I feel weird about it like today she asked him if I could look after her son but not asked me and I only hear from her now and again
It's more a feeling than finding anything
We were having a row because I was pissed off with it when he blurts out with our ds 15 in the car what happened a few years ago
Cue ds hating me and wanting me to leave.

This morning I've had a massive row with my friend and no one is talking to me. My Dh I'd blaming me for ruining our friendship with our friends. Don't know what to do.
Sorry for the lengthy x

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 09-Dec-13 09:44:55

The phrase 'sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander' springs to mind. Don't you and your DH actually talk to each other rather than all this texting and flirting with anyone and everyone? Clearly you didn't 'move on' a couple of years ago and the resentment is still there. Not surprised your DS is pissed off.... the pair of you sound thoroughly childish & embarrassing.

Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:45:53

Thanks

JoinYourPlayfellows Mon 09-Dec-13 09:46:39

I would be pretty pissed off if a "friend" of mine was asking my husband to lend me to her as a babysitter.

Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:50:16

Yeah that's the thing and everyone is going mad
Dh has stormed off her dh keeps ringing my dh but he won't talk to him
She's just msgs saying can her dh drop off all the stuff that they have of ours
It's all my fault apparently
But the way everyone's acting is odd or is it just me thinking that ? Xx

JoinYourPlayfellows Mon 09-Dec-13 09:51:56

No, it's definitely odd.

Why don't you speak to her DH and find out what his take is on all of this.

Wonderwhy123 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:52:02

It's not fair everyone's blaming you. He shouldn't be texting your friend so much.

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 09-Dec-13 09:54:03

This is odd. Has the other husband found out something you don't yet know
? I would speak to him.

Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:54:18

I spoke to her dh last night and he said they are texting more because they are talking about the radio play they are doing but only 4 texts were about that
Her dh told me I'm being paranoid

Wonderwhy123 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:55:43

Has he seen the texts?

Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:56:43

No he's just angry with me they all are

JoinYourPlayfellows Mon 09-Dec-13 09:58:35

Don't worry about these assholes being angry with you.

Your husband is behaving like a twat and this woman is not, and never was, your friend.

Her husband is an irrelevance.

Go and see a lawyer and start getting figuring out what your options are.

Be as calm and collected as possible and don't respond to their stupid hysteria.

Huskylover1969 Mon 09-Dec-13 10:01:26

Thankyou I felt like I was going mad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now