Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What did I miss. About the sex toy on the lovehoney thread...

(55 Posts)
Upcycled Sun 08-Dec-13 15:08:15

Seriously?
The thread seemed genuine.
What did I miss? Last time I checked people were waiting for OP to come back...

Upcycled Sun 08-Dec-13 23:30:39

I think MNHQ should explain better and perhaps just bar the seller's website name on the thread if they think it is merchandising. The thread was not causing anyone any harm.

Milly OP opened the second thread to update her story. Apparently she couldn't log on and when she finally managed, the first thread was gone. Hope she is out there lurking and find this one.

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 23:37:20

Thankyou Whatnext and Upcycled. I really wanted to know how it all went for OP. Hope she can update us.

Elliptic5 Mon 09-Dec-13 09:26:22

Well I didn't see the second thread, I believed in the OP and wanted to see how she had got on. I had been especially interested in the male posts as I have had issues in the past with DH telling weird stories instead of an understandable truth, and they seemed to give an insight into the strange workings of the male mind.

It seems to me that the MNHQ policing has gone a bit over the top.

It could well be than MNHQ know something we don't about the poster. I started a thread not long ago about troll spotting and the response from MNHQ was basically if they give us too much of an explanation then they are also giving trolls tips on how to be better trolls.

Lettucesnow Mon 09-Dec-13 23:21:09

I just had to look up the word 'nefarious' fblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now