Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What did I miss. About the sex toy on the lovehoney thread...

(55 Posts)
Upcycled Sun 08-Dec-13 15:08:15

Seriously?
The thread seemed genuine.
What did I miss? Last time I checked people were waiting for OP to come back...

I have never googled anything on here
I just know I will probably never sleep again haha

Just googled pink sock. Snorted out loud...suddenly had 2 dc on my shoulders demanding to know what's so funny?!
<<clears search history....well, I would if I knew how>>

mammadiggingdeep Sun 08-Dec-13 19:02:53

Googled pink sock as I was eating beans on toast. Goes without saying I didn't finish it....

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 19:06:38

Really.....I buy Welsh Salty Dragon Butter every week and it is delicious. I am not going to google it and spoil the most delicious butter ever.

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 19:07:47

BUT I was very surprised and intrigued by the fact that the OP never did come back. Seemed a bit odd.

mammadiggingdeep Sun 08-Dec-13 19:08:25

Oh blimey....just googled dragon butter!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with people....

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 08-Dec-13 19:10:53

don't Google Chinese lunch box in urban dictionary

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 19:11:40

images1.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/56/181656.jpg?v=2

this is my Dragon butter and its lovely.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 08-Dec-13 19:11:43

Hmm pink sock? Blue waffle? < sits on hands >.
< still not recovered from Dragonbutter >

mammadiggingdeep Sun 08-Dec-13 19:16:42

Oh forty...did you have to??? I must not google Chinese lunchbox...I must not google Chinese lunchbox....

mammadiggingdeep Sun 08-Dec-13 19:20:05

Me and my weak will...

Neve again will I enjoy my Friday night Chinese...

A pink sock is just an anal prolapse isn't it?

Lettucesnow Sun 08-Dec-13 19:28:10

OMG! EUGHHHHH! Just done the Dragon Butter thing! I will in future NEVER touch the keys if advised not to.

OddFodd Sun 08-Dec-13 19:43:12

(((inveterate googlers))) grin

Upcycled Sun 08-Dec-13 19:48:22

I just thought OP was too embarrassed on behalf of her husband and didn't want to come back. Thought she just wanted to forgive and forget the whole thing and MNetters would never live her alone. Perhaps she showed him the thread? If she was genuine that is.

Wolfiefan Sun 08-Dec-13 19:48:30

Help me resist with the dragonbutter googling. I really mustn't must I?!?!

It's really not that bad, I dunno why MNers go on about it so much, must create a lot of hits on urban dictionary

alwaysbesceptical Sun 08-Dec-13 20:04:12

The reason for the deletion of the thread may be correct but I can only tell you that I started a thread (under a different name from this) which was suddenly deleted, so suddenly that I didn't even get the chance to read some of the advice and help that people were trying to give me. No-one was more surprised than me that it suddenly disappeared.
The excuse or reason given was something like, "We have reason to believe the OP may have nefarious intent."
This was utter nonsense, completely wrong! The idea of me having any 'nefarious intent' never entered my head. My thread was 100% genuine and I had no ulterior motives.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's just possible that the poster of the thread being discussed may have been genuine. As in my case, probably some busybody will have become suspicious and reported it, but her suspicions may have been unfounded. Who knows? For whatever reason, some people seem to be take pleasure in reporting others and are quite quick to do it even if they're only guessing and might be completely wrong.

DH has just made me snort into my wine-apparently in his younger days at work they were doing a coin & he needed info on the rim... Googling rimming is never a good idea apparently grin

MistAllChuckingFrighty Sun 08-Dec-13 22:37:20

she has started another thread

Whatnext074 Sun 08-Dec-13 22:38:57

...and that one has been deleted too

Upcycled Sun 08-Dec-13 22:43:52

I should have told her to come and post here.
Didn't think the second thread would be deleted too.
Unless it was someone else trying to impersonate the OP from the first thread.

Whatnext074 Sun 08-Dec-13 23:21:29

It was the same person with a NC. MNHQ quickly decided that they would delete the 2nd thread due to 'nefarious motives'. She was very believable though, especially the 2nd time but glad MNHQ were on the ball.

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 23:24:32

Am I allowed to ask what the second thread was about Whatnext.

Whatnext074 Sun 08-Dec-13 23:30:06

Same thing, basically she said she had talked to H and he said he bought it for a female friend. Said it had been a strange couple of days and she wasn't a troll or advertising. She got lots of posts in a short space of time and then poof - gone!

Think it is to do with the amount of MNers who have looked up LH and it gets the site further up the list or something. I think this and the other thread will go soon too as it mentions the brand name of LH.

I really hope MNHQ don't tell me off for saying what was on there......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now