Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So I have met this man!!!!

(21 Posts)
Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:35:50

Ok so started a new job 6 weeks ago, on first day in walked a couple of work men, straight away something just happened (honestly can't explain what but it was like instant chemistry, we just met each other eyes and this is not someone who would usually catch my eye) anyway turns out he is the contractor for the refurb!

After that first meeting he came back few hours later and somehow in a 2 minute chat basically established everything about me I.e relationship status/kids/where I live/what I do at weekends etc etc!

So everytime I have been at work we chat, he goes out of his way to ask about my plans etc for weekend, if I'm going out who with make/female etc and I can def say he doesn't talk to anyone else in this much depth!

So earlier I was on the phone to friend and I have never meant ion this man to anyone and my friend just brought him up basically asked "what about the builder guy" I was like what? How do you know about him!!! I work with her sister and she said, her sister had told her that he really likes me and I'm the only reason he comes in so much!

So my question is how do I go about trying to take this further? He is going to be working there or at least the next 4 months so would hate to ask him out only to find he is interested?

We have a department Xmas do in Friday just local which is where he lives to, we are going to pub then on for curry, shall I try and casually drop in what pub we are meeting at etc on the hope he may just turn up as it is one of the pubs he uses?

daphnesglasses Sat 30-Nov-13 22:43:50

He's probably waiting till nearer the end of his time working there to ask you? Why not just enjoy the flirtation for now, and then ask him towards the end of his time there if he hasn't asked you which he will have smile

MamaPingu Sat 30-Nov-13 22:46:55

I agree with daphne try enjoy it smile
It's so exciting! Although I feel if I was you in this situation I'd be itching to take it further as I get giddy grin

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Sat 30-Nov-13 22:51:02

Definitely mention the Xmas night... Have you asked if he's single??

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:55:05

He is def dropping hints I think, offering to drop over some ladders one evening next week etc as he knows I'm painting hallway/stairs ect, when he asked what I'm doing after work and I just say going home and will. Prob have a vino he always asks "alone"

I just can't describe what it is about him, not really my type but there is just something about him, don't even know how old he is (older than me maybe 40, I'm 34)

I'm really enjoying the flirting just I am very impatient, feel like I need to see him outside of work to see if the chemistry is still there

MamaPingu Sat 30-Nov-13 22:55:21

Xmas night out is a really good idea, I forgot to say!
It's subtle but maybe he will get the hint

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:56:14

Yep he had made it clear he is single, no children etc! Send to remember everything I have told him about my kids ages etc!

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:57:06

I'm hoping to drop in on m

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:57:19

I'm hoping to drop in m

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 22:58:05

I'm hoping to drop in on Monday where we are going etc, then hopefully fingers crossed he might just be in the pub

LetsCancelChristmas Sat 30-Nov-13 23:00:46

Fingers crossed!
Take it as an exciting adventure smile
I'm horribly impatient so I feel your pain, but do tryyyyy to enjoy the anticipation

Cabrinha Sat 30-Nov-13 23:10:31

Are you involved with the refurb? No professional issues?
Be direct.
You: "Xmas do is at the X - you drink there don't you? What's it like?"
Him: "nice"
You: "sounds good - fancy a drink after work tonight?"
Job done smile

Cabrinha Sat 30-Nov-13 23:13:57

Just read your other posts. Poor man - he's offered to drop you off some ladders? He's probably trying to work out if you like him or not!
If you don't like my drink idea "oooh - those ladders - any chance I could borrow them? Drink on me at x pub when I'm done, to thank you!"
Easy as falling off a ladder ;)
Don't do that.
Btw, I'm now dating my builder. Direct approach works!!!

Mumof3girlys Sat 30-Nov-13 23:21:00

Cabrina

No I'm not involved in refurb, I work in the cafe so they come in for there tea etc!

Good advice about asking him what the pub is like!

Maybe your right maybe he is just sussing me out! When I was moaning about not being able to paint around stairs he did mention I needed someone tall to help (he is about 6ft 4inch lol )

LetsCancelChristmas Sat 30-Nov-13 23:21:34

I love that Cabrinha. You can sort my next should I/shan't I dating saga for me!

LetsCancelChristmas Sat 30-Nov-13 23:22:38

Ask him! Ask him!
Have a tall merry christmas smile

beaglesaresweet Sat 30-Nov-13 23:52:42

he's obviously hoping to a 'yes' from you to ANY of his many hints/offers! Do you just ignore him grin? just respond! he's being persistent in the face of no answers, that a plus to him.

FluffyJumper Sun 01-Dec-13 00:01:05

Oooooh, ask him.

Mumof3girlys Sun 01-Dec-13 09:07:16

Thanks ladies, back at work tomorrow so will hopefully have a update!

Think I def need to chase up these ladders

MamaPingu Sun 01-Dec-13 09:15:29

Make sure you do let us know smile
I'm giddy and it isn't even me! It's a lovely time when you're both testing the waters!

Mumof3girlys Sun 01-Dec-13 20:01:01

Mamapingu

Will update tomorrow night, very exciting, I just can't explain the while first look thing, that's never happened before!!!! Thing is he just is not really my type but there is just something so got about him and don't get me started on his voice...... Lol it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now