Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

did you have pre wedding nerves?

(64 Posts)
OohBridget Fri 29-Nov-13 13:39:45

I get married in a fortnight and up until today never felt any nerves etc.

yesterday my friend and I met s complete stranger. An old chap running a stall. Ww were chatting about areas and work etc. When my impending marriage plans came up. He went on and on about how marriage ruins everything etc.

now im like. . oh fuck. lol

did anyone have any niggles and if so how has it all panned out. I'm trying to decide if my new found nerves are silly. . I haven't got long to back out lol!!

OohBridget Sat 30-Nov-13 09:36:13

living ..we've gone from getting married in two years.. to bringing it forward a year. .then another 6 months. Then we called it all off and book it all in8weeks lol. I just couldn't wait much longer grin

marzipanned Sat 30-Nov-13 11:21:14

You are definitely doing the right thing!

I love what you say about him waiting for you when you're all dressed up...BEST feeling in the world! Try to get someone to take a sneaky picture of his face when he first sees you. And don't worry about the fall out, it's the two of you, and your kids, that matter here, not the rest of the family.

LaQueenOfTheTimeLords Sat 30-Nov-13 18:32:14

No, not at all. Our wedding day was one of those magical times when I felt I was in exactly the right place, doing exactly the right thing, and with exactly the right person. Just felt a strange combination of excited contentment, if that makes sense?

However, having said that I know of people who felt much the same as I did, but were divorced within 5 years...and other people who were physically sick with nerves the morning of their wedding, and are still loved up 12 years later.

HandbagCrazy Sun 01-Dec-13 00:45:00

I've been married for almost a year, after being together since we were 17. I was 100% sure marriage was the right thing for us but about a week before the wedding I had a realisation of what marriage means and sort of disengaged with the wedding plans. It lasted 4 days. all was good after this apart from when I got to the venue and had a panic about tripping over/messing up the vows but that was about it smile
I'm sure it'll be great on the day. Nerves are normal no matter how sure you are. As long as your relationship is a good one (and it seems to be from your posts) so relax and then enjoy every second of your day x

Flisspaps Sun 01-Dec-13 17:37:33

Oh, him seeing you all dressed up in your frock for the first time is fab. I remember it clearly grin DH mouthed 'wow' and the fear of falling over melted away.

specialsubject Sun 01-Dec-13 17:50:42

somebody whose marriage didn't work out won't be keen on the idea.

if the fancy-dress party wasn't happening, would you still be happy to spend the rest of your life with this man?

if so, you're fine.

good luck and best wishes!

Hogwash Sun 01-Dec-13 20:13:14

Nope.

Listen to your heart not some old bloke on a stall.

ZombieMojaveWonderer Mon 02-Dec-13 09:31:07

Yes the first time and no the second. I couldn't bloody wait to get that ring on my husbands finger the second time wink we met and married in just over a year and four years later we are very much in love and so much happier than either have ever been! smile
Good luck op, we are all different and cope differently with certain situations.

OohBridget Mon 02-Dec-13 13:08:45

Just wanted to come back and say, even though I had no previous worries, I took a few hours out the other night to really dig deep and check myself. .. just incase.

and I just know its right. I literally cannot think of a single why not or why I don't want to. I'm just nervous for the day itself. Not. about the man. Which is good...since I've 12 days to go! !!!

MadBusLady Mon 02-Dec-13 13:14:23

When I read "yesterday my friend and I met a complete stranger" I thought it was going to continue "and there were angelic trumpets and thunderbolts and now I think I'm marrying the wrong man."

grin Not tempted by a ranty old stallholder then??

You sound lovely. Hope it's a great day flowers

OohBridget Mon 02-Dec-13 17:15:18

hahs he was old enough to be my grandfather and had a heart problem grin

only thunderbolts for stbdh wink

ta x

shushpenfold Mon 02-Dec-13 17:17:00

Major wobbles……18 years later and it's still the best decision I ever made. grin

shushpenfold Mon 02-Dec-13 17:17:40

…to marry him that it!!

shushpenfold Mon 02-Dec-13 17:17:54

…agh - that IS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now