Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lovely new man-but heres the bad bit..

(141 Posts)
memorylapse Sat 23-Nov-13 19:06:14

met a nice guy on a dating site..after a few disastrous dates with others..we had a lot in common and I was attracted to him..he invited me out to see a band a few days lately and after a lovely evening..he walked me home..he is 46..he seperated from his wife last year who he was with for thirteen years..she was ten years younger....

He told me he fancied me and wanted to see me again..all looking good..he leaned in to kiss me then proceeded to kiss me like they did in the old black and white movies!..pursed lips..just kind of wiggled his head around..I couldnt really kiss him back because it just wasnt possible..it was completely weird..that last time I was kissed like that I was 14!

so is this a really bad sign..he wants me to go round tonight..but if he kisses me like that again I will scream..and Im really unsure about taking things further..which is a shame because I really liked him..but it was honestly like kissing a piece of cardboard..there was no response..just pursed lips..bit of a damp squid..but he seems really into me..

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Sun 24-Nov-13 00:06:15

OP, watch the episode of Boston Legal called "Race Ipsa" (2.23)... grin

Continued from the link by Hogwash

Enjoy! grin

Whatnext074 Sun 24-Nov-13 00:23:10

My eyes!!

Monty27 Sun 24-Nov-13 00:25:48

Just EWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I don't think I could get passed that shock

memorylapse Sun 24-Nov-13 00:27:03

oh my god! I just looked at those links! thank fully it wasnt that badgrin..right Im back from a lovely evening..Im wondering if it was nerves as he seemed to relax and it was much better..I know he has been single for a year so its possible that its just a case of rabbit caught in the headlights..he seems quite shy..not progressed to bedroom yet (wrong time of the month)...fingers crossed all goes well ..

Hope it gets sorted OP. See, could be worse!

Sounds fab otherwise. wine

bumbleymummy Sun 24-Nov-13 04:29:50

Eugh!!!! Those videos are the worst thing I have EVER seen! How embarrassing!

Dillydollydaydream Sun 24-Nov-13 04:40:12

Glad it seemed better this time. He's like a blank canvas smile

Hogwash Sun 24-Nov-13 10:37:57

IfIdon'tknow good God. She could have swallowed him; let's hope she didn't progress too far beyond kissing him on the mouth!

MadeMan Sun 24-Nov-13 12:25:57

Those video clips are awful, I could only watch them through my fingers from behind the sofa.

bumbleymummy Sun 24-Nov-13 13:01:14

I know Mademan. I showed DH them today and I was just cringing painfully. Why? Just why?!

HandragsNGladbags Sun 24-Nov-13 13:03:37

First goodnight kiss between me and now DH he has always said I slipped him the tongue shock so maybe he was going for chaste and pursed as well?

Thumbwitch Sun 24-Nov-13 13:13:11

Wow, those videos! That's proper "eating face", that is <<shudders>>

whoselifeisitanyway Sun 24-Nov-13 13:32:39

Yeah give the guy a chance! Mind you I ended it with a guy once because he had two horrible white blobs of saliva that some people get in the corner of his lips as he talked and I dreaded kissing him. Another man had a phobia of tongues so it was just dry lips, no moving. I can't bring myself to watch those videos.

gaggiagirl Sun 24-Nov-13 13:43:53

I haven't had a snog in years! Feel all sad and snoggy now grin

SassySpice Sun 24-Nov-13 17:23:29

I was seeing a guy a few weeks ago, when he kissed me he me slurped and sucked. It was disgusting shock

bumbleymummy Sun 24-Nov-13 18:33:26

eeewwwwww

memorylapse Sun 24-Nov-13 23:29:56

I guess for me kissing is important,I also kind of assumed that bad kisser meant rubbish in bed..but I guess thats not true..it all feels weird..its the first proper date stuff I have had since I split with my husband....

No, there's no correlation between how someone kisses and what they're like in bed. Just as in the rest of life, there's myriad possibilities.

Hogwash Mon 25-Nov-13 20:07:47

There must be some corrrelation, I'm sure (not that it would be a terribly easy thing to measure!). Surely someone is so lacking in self-awareness that they don't realise you don't want to be devoured like a kebab in those YouTube links, they'd be a bit of a nightmare generally?

MonkeysInTheFog Mon 25-Nov-13 20:38:53

The best kisser I ever met - I mean dreamily, pant wettingly fantastically good - was just AWFUL in bed. I've never been so disappointed.

That said, I do think you kiss the way you kiss and however much you practise it's never as good as it is when you meet someone who just kisses the way you do naturally.

galaxydefender82 Tue 26-Nov-13 11:57:41

My first kiss with my girlfriend was like this, then after first date we had the tongues. I think it's just a respect thing, full on snogging on first dates don't always happen. I wouldn't not see him again just because of that, give it a few more dates.

Jesuisfatiguee Tue 26-Nov-13 13:14:54

Are those videos real?! Like, not some comedy set-up. In tears here......

MonkeysInTheFog Tue 26-Nov-13 14:56:20

I was alone in the house when I watched those videos but still cringed and covered my face with my hands. Grim.

Monkeys grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now