Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

things i do/have done that would make Mn say LTB

(25 Posts)
MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 18-Nov-13 13:07:30

brew

bragmatic Mon 18-Nov-13 13:06:36

<hands Mist a steaming mug of caffeine>

flippinada Mon 18-Nov-13 13:04:01

I was going for sarcasm, but I'll take irony as that makes me sound a bit more intelligent grin .

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 18-Nov-13 12:57:13

oops, sorry, I thought you were taking ada's post seriously.

I need some caffeine ..

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 18-Nov-13 12:56:37

I think ada is being ironic smile

bragmatic Mon 18-Nov-13 12:55:48

helpful.

flippinada Mon 18-Nov-13 12:54:35

Well that's it, ladies, consider yourselves told. The shocking double standards displayed by MN have been exposed for what they are.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 18-Nov-13 12:42:52

Is that a helpful smile or a passive-aggressive smile bragmatic?

bragmatic Mon 18-Nov-13 12:05:25

Probably just not the right board for this kind of thread AnnT. smile

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 18-Nov-13 12:04:31

I have resolved to remove "LTB" from my lexicon, and am replacing it with "Show him the door"

Makes better sense, tbh. The dickheaded one gets to leave.

JustAnotherFucker Mon 18-Nov-13 12:03:35

I've never seen it bandied about in a serious way tbh hmm

I have seen it suggested in the not-so-rare cases of abuse and disharmony for which many women are very good at minimising to their own detriment. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes (ears) are a good thing for clarity and real understanding of the shit a woman may be putting up with for the good of **the family/the dcs/her career/his career/financial reasons <<**delete as appropriate>>

Have you any examples of it being bandied about unnecessarily in a serious fashion OP?

AnnThology Mon 18-Nov-13 11:59:03

sorry coggers.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 18-Nov-13 11:58:17

If it's a joke it's wearing really thin

AnnThology Mon 18-Nov-13 11:57:37

OH.

I think its a well known even in joke, that LTB is bandied about a lot, isn't it? No harm meant.

Yawn
OP is so funny! And clever! And provocative!
OP, if you despise MNers so bloody much why do you persist in staying?

MistAllChuckingFrighty Mon 18-Nov-13 11:53:07

Are you bit unenamoured with MN, op ?

You don't have to stick around, you know. It's not compulsory.

AnnThology Mon 18-Nov-13 11:51:35

fair enough

Anniegetyourgun Mon 18-Nov-13 11:50:51

You do like a good stereotype, don't you, OP? A lot of people play WoW. Even sexy men aren't having sex all the time. You get all sorts of players; the only thing they have in common is that they enjoy the same hobby in between, you know, everything else they are doing in their lives. (Except for the ones who don't have a life.)

Anyway, it came down to a straight choice between WoW or my husband. No contest. After all, WoW has dragons.

AnnThology Mon 18-Nov-13 11:44:59

LOl at WoW

they arent KNOWN for being super sexy , are they WOW men?

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 18-Nov-13 11:24:37

Oh .... I get it.... <slaps self on forehead> ... you're saying that MN says 'LTB' for trivial, innocent stuff! So subtle and clever the way you did that ... hmm

bragmatic Mon 18-Nov-13 11:22:50

People here have legitimate concerns about their relationships for legitimate reasons. Even without your post, they're already second guessing themselves. Or are they just all neurotic?

Anniegetyourgun Mon 18-Nov-13 11:22:41

Sorry, expat, you're right, this is not the kind of thread that should receive a straight answer. (Even though mine was a little bit twisty.)

Anniegetyourgun Mon 18-Nov-13 11:21:24

Spend all evening and most of the night in a World of Warcraft raid with 39 other people, most of whom were young men.

Oh wait, we DID break up over that one.

expatinscotland Mon 18-Nov-13 11:21:12

I think most of the LTB's are for people whose spouses are abusive and/or cheating.

AnnThology Mon 18-Nov-13 11:18:59

Text a male mate about twenty times in one evening

met a man/men i met on the internet SEVERAL TIMES

Go on a course with a male colleague.

what are yours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now