Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The dating thread 65

(1000 Posts)
Queenofthedrivensnow Sun 03-Nov-13 22:09:18

grin

Hormonalhell Thu 21-Nov-13 18:13:34

Definitely Poffed size is not important to a degree but I do feel sorry for men with really small ones. Two of my friends have been with their OH's since school and they both say their guy has a little weener. I wonder if there's something in it be cause they both believe their men are loyal _is this because they know they won't satisfy another woman_

Hormonalhell Thu 21-Nov-13 18:14:27

Ooops that was meant to be crossed out not underlined shock

ladygoingGaga Thu 21-Nov-13 18:22:01

dont if you have a good feeling about him that's all you need smile

girlie I'm not sure there is a connection between size of hands and feet and willy, ex had small feet at a size 8, but a more than ample sized other think girth
Although I think you are going to have to enlighten us when you find out grin

I do agree, that size doesn't matter, I've seen all sorts, its what sort of lover they are

superdooperpenguin Thu 21-Nov-13 19:18:35

What is kindest - to text last night's date with a thanks but no thanks immediately or wait to see if he texts me first and then do it? I hate this bit almost as much as I hate being dumped!!

JustALittleGreen Thu 21-Nov-13 19:46:39

I would wait, super, maybe he'll be struck with a sudden bolt of intuition and be too embarrassed to ask again?!

girlie, we're all on tenterhooks now, you'll HAVE to sleep with him :D

I've been messaging London guy as well as Mr Jam, and he sent me some of his band's songs. He has the sexiest voice I've ever heard! I'm tempted to get on the next southbound train. I could listen to that all night!

ladygoingGaga Thu 21-Nov-13 20:07:07

I would wait too super

Mr jam sounds interesting, I do like a nice voice grin when are you seeing him?

TwoDays Thu 21-Nov-13 21:27:15

Having become rather meh about OD over the past few weeks - tired of meeting up with men who turn out to be nothing like their photo and/or dull - I sat out for a little while and then this week made an effort to message 20 a few possibles so now have a flurry of interest from 6 men. Must remember to query their shoe size

dontcallmehon Thu 21-Nov-13 22:06:37

Ooh got date 5 with geeky. And he asked me. And he just sent me a text that made me laugh out loud. I think I'm in trouble...

ladygoingGaga Thu 21-Nov-13 22:13:35

dont smile go girl

twodays just remember to keep track of all the conversations grin

girliefriend Thu 21-Nov-13 22:13:44

grin at Twodays.

This is what happens when you get desperate break all your own internet dating rules!!

I don't even have that many, mine are;

1. They must have a face that doesn't scare me and look normal.

2. They must be able to spell and no text speak.

3. They must not be shorter than me.

4. They must make a bit of an effort and ask me out.

With small feet chap I broke rules 2,3 and 4 grin if he has a small willy I have no one to blame but myself.

dontcallmehon Thu 21-Nov-13 22:17:50

girlie that made me chuckle!

geeky met all of those rules apart from 4. Mentionitis again...

melanie58 Fri 22-Nov-13 00:05:41

Girlie, if he broke rule 2 he doesn't deserve you investigating his measurements.

Really though, what nonsense that theory must be. Surely a similar theory would then apply to women, so foot-size indicates bra size? I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. What do you think (men on thread too)?

TwoDays Fri 22-Nov-13 00:17:57

Thread - what is our view on OD guys who state they are separated?

I always ask them to define what 'separated' means for them and the usual answer is that they haven't seen their DW for 1/5/10 years. So why are they still married? confused Should they be avoided or not?

ordinarybloke Fri 22-Nov-13 06:38:01

And when you are talking willy size do you mean flacid or erect? I see one bloke naked pretty often-he has 9 and half shoe size and is average size elsewhere. I remember having a MFM threesome where the other guy was the size of my little finger when he was erect-I did feel sorry for him.

What is happening with me?One woman who I was messaging with broke the correspondence off as there was no spark.Correspoding with another woman,but due to our diaries we cannot meet up for another 4 weeks. Also starting messaging with 2 other woman-one is russian who says she is local but I am not sure of that.And the 2nd woman does have a lot in common with me. This weekend I have my DS so no dating for me.

Jarlin Fri 22-Nov-13 10:31:23

After lurking for weeks I think I need to join you.
Found a good deal on Match last month so joined that and POF.

I have been really fussy not that I can afford to be and haven't met up with anyone since joining last month. Those that want to meet up just come over as boring and uninteresting and those I like disappear confused
So I deleted account on POF after one month. My Match subscription finishes next week and I have decided not to renew as I just don't feel OD is right for me. But after deciding that, I got a wink from someone who seemed a bit more interesting.
I have surprised myself at how much I now look forward to his emails (he gave me his private email address as he flew abroad on business on monday)
I have done a bit of Facebook stalking smile and he seems genuine so far wink
He flys home tonight and wants to meet soon - eek!!
I haven't had a first date in 11 years!
What do I wear? Is it better to just meet for coffee first? I can email reems but I think I am really quite shy when I meet people. Blimey, I feel nervous just writing all this!

I love all your stories and have been very entertained especially by the more recent entries by girlie!

Queenofthedrivensnow Fri 22-Nov-13 11:17:06

Ime the foot size thing has been accurate as far as the massive feet have had massive knobs. Average not so much correlation.

ladygoingGaga Fri 22-Nov-13 11:26:15

fuck fuck fuck

Just had an email from supermarket man.
We were due to go away in December for a weekend, ive booked hotel etc he has just messaged me cancelling it, saying he has promised his ex he wont go away for the time being to help calm her down.

I replied saying I need some time to think..
im right in thing big fucking red flag aren't I sad

what a shit week

HelloBoys Fri 22-Nov-13 12:14:03

OMG. Had an amazing week so far.... met guy off Doing Something last Friday in Costa and then went to South Bank bar, thought hey he's nice etc... was hour at most which was nice.

arranged to meet Tuesday - bar again but nice one - had snogs and felt GREAT. then he suggested meeting up (he lives by seaside works London) on Thursday and maybe hotel (wasn't keen on him coming back to mine). so we did hotel last night. OMG amazing. just amazing.

and he seems really into me, wants to see me again. part of me thinks if he does see me great then other part thinks if he/I get 2nd thoughts just chalk up to experience. but we both feel it's very right. scary as I usually use caution here.

any words of advice? he has 13 year old son, not with son's mother says open to having kids etc.

hope everyone else's meetings/messages etc are going well. I am just sat at work/home for past week with huge grin on my face.

Bant Fri 22-Nov-13 12:14:14

Gaga - yes, he's the mayor of redflagville. You can't date a bloke who will put his exes wishes over yours, or his own.

There is no correlation between foot size and penis size. There is a relationship between the ratio of index finger to ring finger length: the closer in length between the two fingers, the larger the penis. Doesn't matter whether the fingers themselves are short or long, it's the ratio that matters. Apparently.

I was dating whilst separated, it took 18 months from splitting to getting the decree absolute. I can see how it would take longer, 2, maybe 3 years, but 5 is silly unless there are really good reasons.

Girlie - some men are dyslexic, and you wouldn't know if someone liked text speak if you were bowled over by them after meeting in real life, it's more the content than the delivery I think - for me anyway. I hate LOLs but I'll try and overlook them if the message itself was witty and erudite.

HelloBoys Fri 22-Nov-13 12:16:19

Jarlin - re 1st date wears. wear something you feel good in and flattering.

no overt flesh. my 1st date outfit recently was knitted Oasis tube skirt opaque tights and ankle boots, can't remember top or jumper offhand but ensured it was flattering/pretty. maybe it was &OtherStories jumper which shows flesh at top (NO CLEAVAGE!) but is sort of semi fitted. next date ramped it up and think wore dress but again no overly flesh showing or just peeks.

HelloBoys Fri 22-Nov-13 12:17:27

Jarlin also yes coffee first and if it is evening if they DO suggest bar afterwards one drink only.

also I would NOT kiss first date - peck on cheek let them initiate it but snogs leave to 2nd date etc if that.

HelloBoys Fri 22-Nov-13 12:22:53

Two Days - be VERY careful re separated where you meet them etc. (I met mine in a pub) and I would personally not believe they were separated etc UNLESS you know them or see IDK divorce papers etc. why would you see that though?!

met nice guy few years back he SAID he was separated (no ring) lived in country (I was in London) he told me stuff re his wife and kids but mostly he didn't want to get divorced as he was rich and she'd get a lot and he didn't want that.

we ended up dating - I believed him - one night for fun went to local hotel rather than my place - he paid in cash only - no card. warning signs he used cash for everything no card. he said this was for Tax reasons.

then got message saying he'd got back with ex wife on Valentines Day they were giving it another go.

I believe (and so does friend) he was with wife all along but having affair with me (hence cash only no cards). he would then periodically call me for booty calls etc.

so I'd avoid like plague but just me.

Bant Fri 22-Nov-13 12:29:34

I think with separated men, if they have a place of their own they're more likely to be being honest. They could have a pad in the city for work or something and their wife could think he's just there for work (if they're in a different town) but unless they're on a very good salary it's unlikely they could afford a family home and a second place just for flings

HelloBoys Fri 22-Nov-13 12:38:01

Bunt - my separated man didn't have a place of his own - well he SAID he did but he lived a bit of a drive away and never seemed keen to go down there with me.

so red flag for me.

JustALittleGreen Fri 22-Nov-13 14:02:58

Erk gaga, red flagsville IMO, too sad even if he's not still with her or hoping to be, he's a bit wet if he's under her control, isn't he! Why would he need to even tell his ex he was going somewhere?

This thread is not accepting new messages.