Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex in cars

(43 Posts)
askingawkwardquestions Sun 03-Nov-13 16:03:57

I'm a long time lurker not a troll I promise

My new boyfriend has been dropping hints that he wants to try this and I can't decide how I feel about it - part of me thinks there's no harm in it and part of me thinks it's kind of seedy and something only teenagers with nowhere else to go do. Is it quite common and 'ok' to do? He's not into dogging or anything and said he'd want it to be private but where would you even do it and could you get in trouble if you got caught?

Tanfastic Sun 03-Nov-13 16:06:11

I've never seen the attraction in this to be honest, even when I was young. Too awkward, too cold blah blah.

I think if you got caught by the police you could be prosecuted.

Tanfastic Sun 03-Nov-13 16:06:55

Maybe you could park the car in his garage? You wouldn't get caught then grin

chinley Sun 03-Nov-13 16:07:55

DH and I did this in the early days before we had anywhere to stay together. I don't see the attraction if there are other options tbh, it's awkward and uncomfortable.

EdithWeston Sun 03-Nov-13 16:08:03

What sort of car does he drive?

ImperialBlether Sun 03-Nov-13 16:10:14

I would bet that he wants to go dogging, tbh. There's no advantage to having sex in a car; it's cramped and uncomfortable and you're nervous of someone seeing you.
it?

outragedofsuburbia Sun 03-Nov-13 16:10:15

What for? It is really uncomfortable.

brokenhearted55a Sun 03-Nov-13 16:14:50

Did it once but it was spontaneous, not planned. If you have somewhere else to go why would you bother doing it. it won't be exciting if you've planned to do it.

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 03-Nov-13 16:17:49

Agree with broken - surely it only happens spontaneously because of the moment, where you are and the situation. Actually planning to do this seems odd, unless it's the first step and what he really wants is to move towards public/dogging sex

georgie22 Sun 03-Nov-13 16:20:20

Think it's something you do in your youth - it's uncomfortable and the risk of being caught is too great. Not for me any longer I think!!!

redundantandbitter Sun 03-Nov-13 16:26:44

What's the point of a cold uncomfortable car when you have a home ? Hmm suspicious ....

It's not illegal as such, unless you are parked outside school at 0900. As long as you are somewhere quiet , not inderage and discreet no officer will arrest you. But they may ask you if 'everyone is happy to be here' and smell vehicle for cannabis. Other than that they'll leave you be.

Twinklestein Sun 03-Nov-13 16:31:35

I'm sure you could find a lonely lane in the heart of remote countryside... but what would be the point?

Planning it kinda kills the moment.

Twinklestein Sun 03-Nov-13 16:43:26

Also remember what happened to Gillian Taylforth - & be very wary...

meddie Sun 03-Nov-13 16:44:44

The fantasy is better than the reality

str8tothepoint Sun 03-Nov-13 16:48:58

I quite recently had sex in the back of my car and also the back of OM car both were very horny though when jumping on his lap my knee knocked the handbrake and car started rolling down. Parked in a disused ind est and also a country layby in the early hours so no one around. Didn't realise how hot and sweaty you can get though. But really good fun car shook a lot :-) Was not planned just kissing led to........

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Sun 03-Nov-13 16:51:12

A hot summer evening, building sexual tension, pull over to a quiet spot in a wood.......all lovely. A layby off the A16 in February - not so much grin

Agree that dogging may not be a million miles away from being " mentioned" soon.....wink

notanyanymore Sun 03-Nov-13 16:52:48

i think its ok if its spontaneous

ouryve Sun 03-Nov-13 16:53:05

It's definitely something for when you are younger. It's not that comfortable blush

OneMoreThenNoMore Sun 03-Nov-13 16:56:39

Have done spontaneously on several occasions, a long time ago when dh and I didn't have a place of our own (and with previous, err, conquests as a teenager) It's awkward and uncomfortable tbh, not the best sex you'll ever have...

BibbleBabbleBobble Sun 03-Nov-13 16:58:48

Seems like a harmless kink to me.

maypoledancer Sun 03-Nov-13 17:01:50

There's a difference between liking the idea of it and making it a reality. It might be a turn on thinking about it but the reality is that it is uncomfortable, cold, inhibiting for reasons of space and maybe someone popping up and looking in the window.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 03-Nov-13 17:05:26

Crikey anyone would think he'd suggested doing it on the high street at 10m on a Saturday. I think it sounds exciting. And if you do it in the spirit of laughing together and having fun, it's just harmless fun. Certainly not some horrifying kink.

In fact I might suggest a drive to my DP later

BitOutOfPractice Sun 03-Nov-13 17:05:47

They have heaters in cars nowadays you know

maypoledancer Sun 03-Nov-13 17:06:58

Bit you don't sound like you are 'out of practice' at all! ;)

BitOutOfPractice Sun 03-Nov-13 17:09:52

I most certainly am not at the moment!

I chose that name after a started online dating after a disasterous break up. But after 8 months of serial first dates I am now 6 months into a relationship with the lovliest man I ever met.

And I'm getting lots of practice! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now