Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Rules of dating?

(29 Posts)

Eg. Do I text him or always wait for him to text me? Am I suppose to make him chase me?

Bant Sun 27-Oct-13 15:54:38

Nah I disagree. If I've been on a date and really like the woman a lot, then I'll still wait a day to call/text and ask for a second date. That's not game playing, it's because I've seen enough friends say 'he was nice and all but just too over keen'

You don't know someone after a first date. You've spent an hour or two with them on their best behaviour. If you completely open up then people may take advantage. I like to be honest but not lay myself bare (metaphorically) until three or four dates when you can see whether someone is consistent or not. The second, third, fourth date is when you see whether they're rude to waiters, have red flags galore, that kind of thing

So no photos of my kids on a first date, no appearing over keen afterwards. When I trust them, that's when I can tell them how keen I was. Before then I'm just friendly and polite

raspberriesareforever Sun 27-Oct-13 16:42:28

Bant sounds like a keeper. Very wise advice from a man. What site is he on? :D

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Sun 27-Oct-13 17:56:41

So Clementine hows it going?

He's lovely tbh. He messaged me again this morning just to say hello. I'm going to stick to rules and take it very very slow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now