Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you tell?

(36 Posts)
str8tothepoint Wed 23-Oct-13 15:34:45

No I'm not looking for a boost in confidence or nothing at all so don't fire me down. If your DP was having an affair with the same sex, had unprotected sex, knows he's gay in the closet too scared, still carried on behind her back for 9 months after she found out originally about us would you tell her??

I am not looking for arguments or boosts just opinions

Offred Fri 25-Oct-13 20:16:00

You need to tell her about the sti. Nothing else and no drama. If you tell him he may not tell her. She really needs to be tested.

str8tothepoint Fri 25-Oct-13 18:48:58

I'm far from bitter or jealous plus I have all the proof to prove that he weasled his way back to me. he's a very scared gay man

Madlizzy Fri 25-Oct-13 17:36:22

Message him about the STI then run like the wind.

If you tell her he will probably weasel his way out of it and say you are just bitter and jealous it sounds like you would both be better off without him.

Why don't you just cease contact with him don't reply to his texts emails etc.

str8tothepoint Fri 25-Oct-13 16:40:40

I did post in may time but had it taken down just incase she was on here now I don't care she can find out. Thing is she was pretending to be him on his old account so I registered gay newsletters to that address, surely she must know he's gay. I'm just being stupid but have protected him for far far too long

feelinlucky Fri 25-Oct-13 16:37:32

This is very familiar. There was something very similar to this not too long ago.

str8tothepoint Fri 25-Oct-13 16:26:57

I don't need him he always says that when he wants a reaction from me as if 'oh God better reply or he'll never talk to me again' and he has always said he needs me more than I need him which is very true. Maybe it's just me being head fucked by what's happened and him thinking he can just get away with being a liar and cheater

ImperialFucker Fri 25-Oct-13 16:20:50

I can't understand any of this.

aturtlenamedmack Fri 25-Oct-13 15:43:24

I would just remove yourself from this situation entirely.
Do not contact him, erase him and all his details from your life entirely and do not be tempted to get back in touch.
It is unlikely that he got the sti that he has given you from his wife, indicating that it isn't just you that he is messing about with.
Don't yell her, don't speak to him, remove yourself from the situation entirely.
Get your sti treated and move on with your life. You don't need a man like that in it. His behaviour is horrible and up to now you have been facilitating it.
Find someone who will treat you well.

Lweji Fri 25-Oct-13 15:38:14

Why should you "need" him?

TBH, as he has an STD, you'd be doing her a favour.

I hope they are not TTC. hmm

str8tothepoint Fri 25-Oct-13 15:34:01

Ok he mailed me today, told me he understands that I never want to speak to him again but will leave his mail account open if I needed him. Love you you sexy stunning beautiful man

Now I am on the verge of just telling her, understand what???????!!!!! That I know he's a lying cheating in the closet gay man who manipulates people into what he wants??????

stooshe Wed 23-Oct-13 18:23:13

Tell her (she does need to know) and move on from this down low ass. His "closet" is so pre year 2000, it would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.
Also you need to start insisting upon protected sex, especially if you are doing the deed with already partnered men.
Life's too short hanging around waiting for somebody to make you their choice. Especially if they are not being true to themselves. I'm sure that there is more to being gay than having sex. I'm not sure your confused bed mate knows that. Good luck!

MissStrawberry Wed 23-Oct-13 18:04:48

I am not sure of the ethics but if you could tell your GP of your test results and say that you lover is also sleeping with his live in partner and she really should know that her partner could have a disease then maybe the GP could suggest a test. I realise it sounds ridiculous but other than you telling her I am not sure how else to do it. She needs to know. She is putting herself at risk without knowing it and that is indefensible.

OP, I really hope you have grown up since posting and realised that you shouldn't ever fuck another persons partner and certainly not without protection, especially now you have a STD.

AnandaTimeIn Wed 23-Oct-13 17:56:44

Just the facts that you had unprotected sex with him and have tested positive for X and believe that she should get herself checked out.

^^

I presume she knows what her other half is up to already but you owe it to her and yourself to let her know. never mind him, his shit will certainly hit the fan now, but you are not responsible for his life choices

Hope you find a good, non-cheating partner when all this is behind you.

Lweji Wed 23-Oct-13 17:12:52

He will still be on the verge of suicide if he wants to lead a double life. hmm

Personally, I'd steer clear of such people. It may well have been a line to convince you to accept him being in the closet and being the OM.

You should tell him about the STD (which I hope is not bad) and let him handle it. It will be his responsibility towards his family.

And I hope you really get rid of this man, who really just wants his cake and eat it.

str8tothepoint Wed 23-Oct-13 17:04:55

thank you spookywerewolf

I will need to go back in about 2 and half months time for HIV testing update and know it is stupid having unprotected sex think that was a huge buzz for him to do that to me. I don't want revenge on her to be honest as yes I have made a major mistake by doing this but couldn't handle the guilt of what she would do and the consequences for him.

SpookyWerewolf Wed 23-Oct-13 16:52:29

Next time you have sex with someone, please use protection against STDs, your sexual health, and that of those you sleep with is really important. There are some really nasty diseses out there. You probably know this now after catching one, but it just had to be said. <end of public health announcement>

If he was cheating on her, you may not have been his only other sexual partner.

If I was his partner, I would want to know that I needed to protect my sexual health. It would be better if he told her, but if he refuses to or can't be trusted to, yes I think you should tell her. Obviously, you need to tell him about the STD too.

I understand that it is interfering in their relationship, and hope you wouldn't do it out of revenge or to try and break them up, certainly you don't want him to leave her for you (you want a relationship with someone who won't cheat), but I think that since her health is involved it is better than not telling her. It also isn't as if this is the first she has heard that he might not be completely heterosexual and faithful, so is unlikely to be as bad as the first time she found out.

No need to go into details about your relationship with him. Just the facts that you had unprotected sex with him and have tested positive for X and believe that she should get herself checked out.

I realise my advice is against the trend of the thread, I don't know if there is a completely ethical solution to this but if it was my sexual health at risk, then I'd want to know. (I'd also want to know if my partner was a liar and a cheat, but hey ho).

OP, have you finished the tests or do you need to go back to get tested for HIV and Hepatitus after a number of months? Hope you are okay and you stay protected in future.

No idea if my post counts as a boost or an argument, maybe its a bit of a lecture. But seriously you are worth more, both in terms of your health, and in terms of having relationships with people who aren't liars and cheats, who are free and able to return your affection.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 23-Oct-13 16:47:37

You're going to tell him about the STD, aren't you?

tippytap Wed 23-Oct-13 16:44:33

Forgot to add - recently!

tippytap Wed 23-Oct-13 16:43:29

This sounds very similar to some theads posted in Relationships.

str8tothepoint Wed 23-Oct-13 16:31:24

Greengiant3 - no need to apologise all opinions welcome. He needs me and wants me more than I do him. I can be gay whereas he has to put on the family guy image as everyone would never think of him that way. He was on the verge of suicide before I came along

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 23-Oct-13 16:30:34

If he gave you an STD that puts a different complexion on it. How serious an STD is it? Does he know he gave it to you? Do you think he has told his partner to get tested?

GreenGiant3 Wed 23-Oct-13 16:26:31

If I am wrong however I do apologise and just advise to leave this person, get out while you can and see it as lesson learned.

GreenGiant3 Wed 23-Oct-13 16:25:06

I think you OP are growing more feelings for this person and are becoming impatient and jealous that your lover has not and or will not leave their partner for you.

You knew what you were getting Yourself in to, you knew your lover was in a relationship, and now you dislike it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but once a cheat always a cheat, why would you want to be with this cheat??. And I don't think it's your place to tell your lovers partner, you should leave now, and not look back, the partner will, one day, find out about their infidelity, it's just not your business...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now